Ibanaz TA35 Acoustic amp as monitor speaker??

• Members

I have a Behringer 800 watt Powered mixer and two 12's speakers as my mains.

I have two Ibanez Troubadoor TA35 Acoustic amps that has a mic imput and a instrument imput. These have a very nice sound and even tilt back like a monitor speaker.

Would it work if I hooked a 1/4" cable from my monitor outs on my board to the input on the acoustic amp? I was thinking it might be the same affect as a active monitor speaker?

Please send me some advice as soon as possible because we have a gig in a few days and we really need the monitors.

thanks in advance,

fisherman

• Members

When hooked up to a mic using the xlr connection the Ibanez TA35 is very loud and very clear. Actually they are louder than the Beringher Euro 12 PA speaker using the PMH5000 800 watt powered mixer (400 x 2 ).

I thought I would go out of one of my mons or / mains with a TRS 1/4" and into the Ibanez acoustic amp with the XLR mic connection. Plug the amp up and turn the sound up max and then control the mix through my 5000 board.

This may seem silly but all I will be out is a XLR to 1/4" mic cable to give it a try.

Also my 5000 is only a week old so if something crazy happens I can send it back for another or a refund.

I would think the shorter and heavier cable that I could use would give me the best overall signal.

Maybe a waste of time but who knows!

thanks for your reply,

fisherman

• Members

I have my amp in my board set to main/main which makes only the two speaker outlets in the back hot and that is where I have my two main PA speakers hooked up.

So all the outs on top would require a powered unit to even work. A passive speaker would not work in this setting.

Still if it is a bad idea and the sound is not either loud enough or poor quality I would be wasting my time. I just thought a acoustic amp really was not much different than a powered speaker with a few extra sound effects.

I am a newbie though so I need as much imput on this as I can get.

thanks,

fisherman

• Members

Whoa, you are outputting a line level into an amp that wants to see maybe -30dBu. Probably not going to be successful, may damage the input as well.

So if you blow your board up by doing something (intentionally) stupid, you think it's ok to send it back to the manufacturer and let them eat it? I don't see the logic in this... if you crap in your pants do you take them back for replacement because they are now "defective"?

Archived