EV monitors as FOH speakers?

• Members

I'm looking at the EV Force 12" monitor, pole mounted to use to project keyboard, vocals, sax, maybe a little kick drum at times. The band is a 5 piece blues/rock outfit. Mostly playing in bars 50-100 people I'm guessing.

Would this work okay do you think? I suppose subs could be added later.

Thanks folks. Tom

• Members

I have four of those and a pair work well driven with 300 watts or less per speaker, in that vocal application.

If you are in a venue big enough to warrant miking a kick drum, heavy keys, or a bass, rent a small amp 200-250 watts per channel into 8 that bridges 600-800 watts into 8, and rent a single 18" sub. A single powered yorkville LS800P or LS700 will also work real well.

Cross them at 100-120 HZ and away you go.

You may find that the set up works well enough to think about buying a powered sub as an addition.

This is my favorite set up as a small PA. The EV force 12" are sweet sounding ,won't break the bank to buy, and only weigh 28lbs each. They also are great monitors for very large venues!

I love them!

Cheers!

• Members

Okay, Thanks for the comments. I had my doubts about putting in any drums. Harmonycat; good ideas. I'm not too sure what it all means (I'm an electronic novice) but I have a band mate who would know, I thnik. Thanks again. Tom

Archived