Peavey Black Widow 18 Inch + Soundtech M860s

• Members

A buddy of mine has two Peavey enclosures he has had for like 15 years or so probably, they are black widow 18 inchers + the horn. He wants $250 for the pair, which I'm buying them regardless, but does anyone have more info on them? He was digging them out today, so I haven't got to see them. They havent moved for 10 years, which is when I last saw them when went to his place. But being I just bought a new powered mixer for my band, I need these anyway. I know they are heavy, but thats all.

4 ohms, 8 ohms, neither? both? 2 ohm?

As far as using them for loud speakers directly from the mixer for vocal output, will that be fine?

Also, anyone have any experience with the Soundtech M860s? I got one on ebay for $200, it seems like a nice deal. Two hefty amps.

Thank you!

• Members

Are you expecting them to work after 10 years untested and sight unseen?

I wouldn't be laying down your cash until you know that they work - unless you are just buying them for the cabinets.

They are my best friends they have been in his room for last past 10 years, and he used them for the first time at the 4th of july party he had this past year. But I wasnt there to see them

Archived