Yamaha EMX-5000 20 ch. powered mixer

• Members

I just came accross a Yamaha EMX-5000 20 channel powered mixer on my local craigslist. The seller claims it's about a year old, used only a handful of times, and in mint condition. He's asking $650. This is a discontinued item I think, and the replacement goes for around $1000.

Excuse my ignorance (again) but, would I be able to run two S115V club V's for mains, a pair of club V monitors, plus a Club V sub off the EMX-5000?

• Members

I just came accross a Yamaha EMX-5000 20 channel powered mixer on my local craigslist. The seller claims it's about a year old, used only a handful of times, and in mint condition. He's asking $650. This is a discontinued item I think, and the replacement goes for around $1000.

Excuse my ignorance (again) but, would I be able to run two S115V club V's for mains, a pair of club V monitors, plus a Club V sub off the EMX-5000?

As far as I know, it's stereo, so you could essentially run the FOH speakers and Monitors, or Monitors and Sub, or FOH and sub depending on how big a venue you're playing. But I'm almost positive it wouldn't work for all three. Though you could just get powered Mains and use the 5000 for the sub and the monitors.

• CMS Author

Hmm, there seems to be a theme going today with the EMX5000's.

I just spotted an EMX5000-12 in a local resale shop for $249. Exterior condition is dead mint, but who knows what works and what doesn't.

Anyone near my neck of the woods, contact me if you're interested and I'll direct you to the place. But move fast, as this stuff seems to really move fast from that store.

• CMS Author

Not really.

There are two power amps, and there's a LPF that can be assigned. The amps are configurable as 2x mains, or 1x main, 1x monitor, or 2x monitor, or biamped via the LPF for a sub. That translates into two of anything you want, but you've got three....mains, mons, and sub.

Archived