Kustom 15" Monitor Speaker

• Members

Good bang for your buck? I'm not versed is live sound, so I need your guys' opinions. I plan to use this for my worship team that consists of me [the drummer], two guitarist, pianist, and vocalist. At least 5 people.

If that's decent, should I go one 15" for $90 or two 10s for $100? Two 10 inchers for $100 seems more logical to me. :idea:

Advance thanks.

• Members

I had a set of the 10" wedges, ran them on a Mackie 808 with no problems, plenty of sound. Blew up when a keyboard player used them, go figure... He was running a Fender PA head that was all tube and really cranked the amp and his keyboard, they blew pretty quick...... I kept the boxes in hopes that I might load them with real drivers and have a use for them, but I just bought an IEM system, so I don't think I'll need wedges anytime soon.

• Members

tlbonehead is 100% correct. I had a pair of the Kustom 15" PA cabs (same components, slightly different enclosure). I sold them. These are cheap because they are no good. Poor sensitivity, no power handling, poor sound, and no resale value. You will not be happy with them. Look for used or spend more for something from Yamaha or Peavey.

• Members

Kustom's can be whipped into producing something resembling "music," but I would never buy them again (now that I'm not as young and stupid as I once was - I'm stupid in different ways now).

I'm a big supporter of the Peavey PR series. Great bang for the buck. Also, the PV series has been quite solid for me.

• Members

Keep an eye on your local Craigslist listings. That's how I bought two of my EV wedges.

I see bargains on Peavey PRs on Craigs List all the time. Seems to be a lot of guys who buy them to get into DJing and quit after one or two gigs....I dunno. The PR15s (which I have) are pretty big to use as floor monitors. Certainly would be for the little stages I play. PR10s are the right size, but I couldn't vouch for how they would perform as monitors.

Archived