Wireless Microphone Help

• Members

Hi. I am new to the forum here and tried to search for my answer but couldn't find anything to help me out. My problem is looking for some wireless handheld mics for a good deal. I am going to need at least 4 and have a limited budget. Around $700 - $1000 for all 4. I know that sounds a crazy but I don't have much to spend on them. I already have a sennheiser EW100 and also a shure wireless setup right now. I am looking for 4 inexpensive mics that I can use for small shows. I am right now looking towards the AKG WMS40 Pro dual. Two mics for one receiver at a reasonable price. The only problem I would have is a fixed frequency and non-diversity. I am just worried about these problems I may be faced with. The mics will be stationary and the receivers will be pretty close also, well in the 3 - 5M range as the manual states . Does anyone here have any experience with these mics and will these missing features cause much trouble? Thanks.

MJ

• Members

I would really suggest that you re-evaluate your needs. If the mics are stationary do you really need wireless?

With wireless mics, buy the best you can possibly buy within a reasonable butget, or rethink the whole wireless idea. If they don't work out, it doesn't matter how cheap they were as they are now worthLESS. I suggest upping your budget to maybe $1500 and stepping up to the Audio Technica 2000 series. A little more money but a lot better product. Buy once and cry only once. Buy cheap and cry every time you use them.

Archived