What finish to replace carpet?

• Members

Duplicolor truck bed liner from walmart works and they also sell it in a spray can for touch up. If you use just the spray cans it can get pretty expensive though. Stinks to high heaven too.

Duratex is my personal choice. The new high build formula is supposed to be even better but I haven't tried it yet.

http://acrytech.com

• Members

What is the base material... what kind of plywood?

You will need to getthe surface really clean, meaning lots of elbow grease and sanding, imperfections will show through even moderately textured surfaces. Otherwise any coating can de-bond causing you even more grief. Maybe recarpeting is an option?

• Members

I bought a Peavey KB60 keyboard amp at a thrift store for $50. The amp worked fine, but about half of the tolex had been torn off. I removed the rest and covered the amp with purple leopardskin fabric. I just stapled it at the corners. It's been on there for over three years now and I use the amp pretty regularly.

I also added a new logo that I thought was appropriate.

amp1.jpg

• Members

I bought a Peavey KB60 keyboard amp at a thrift store for $50. The amp worked fine, but about half of the tolex had been torn off. I removed the rest and covered the amp with purple leopardskin fabric. I just stapled it at the corners. It's been on there for over three years now and I use the amp pretty regularly.

I also added a new logo that I thought was appropriate.

amp1.jpg

I'm thinking Elton John big time

Archived