x-over hook up?

• Members

Here's what I got just purchased a pair of Yorky NX35's powered by a Crown XLS 602 amp also have a Yorky Pulse PW 600 active sub. From another thread I posted active speakers you guys sugested to add a x-over so the NX35's want get the low end mud range. I run my system in stereo so what's the best way to keep it stereo but add the x-over so the NX35's get every thing above 100hz and the active sub get everything below 100hz ?

• Members

Run the x over in stereon mode. Set the freq to 100 on both channels. I usually set the freq to 120 but just play with it once you have it hooked up and see where it sounds better. Then run the hi outs to each chammel on the amp and hook the speakers to the amp like you nbormally do. Since you only have one sub I'd hook to the 2 sub out of the crossover with a y cord and hook it to the sub, this way it gets low end from both channels.

• Members

The DOD835 has a low sum out both channels are summed together . Now my next question what cable would I use sinnce the 835 low sum out is a

1/4" TRS normally I just run the 2 speaker cable out from the amp into the active sub then it has 2 thru jacks that go to the tops. This is the part that I was really confuse about?

• CMS Author

The DOD835 has a low sum out both channels are summed together . Now my next question what cable would I use sinnce the 835 low sum out is a

1/4" TRS normally I just run the 2 speaker cable out from the amp into the active sub then it has 2 thru jacks that go to the tops. This is the part that I was really confuse about?

Mixer outs to crossover inputs.

crossover HF outs to XLS-602 inputs, speaker cables to NX35's.

crossover LF sum out to active sub input. Don't use the passthroughs...they have no purpose in this arrangement.

• Members

Be sure to use shielded signal cables (preferably balanced TRS) between the crossover and the sub, not the speaker cables you have been using, and switch the sub to line level input.

Thanks Mike got it covered now just waiting on the carriers to deliver.

Archived