Peavey Customer Service/Support

• Members

REason number 1,342 why I will continue to stick with Peavey:

I bought the Powered 8600 Mixer a few months back. Love it! Anyway the break switch button came off somehow while I was moving it to/from a gig.

Called Peavey customer service. Three days later I have the button in the mail, with an extra one, free of charge.

THANK YOU PEAVEY! :)

• Members

I remember when they first started and had the same reputation as Behringer "junk" but over the years Peavey's R&D has step up to the plate and had some grand slam products. And I think is awesome for the their rep. to post here as well so Peavey knows about real world user and problems they face. I've been using their products for over 3 decades now and will continue to use their products.

• CMS Author

I had a big problem with my RQ2318 mixer from day 1. I had the problem fixed in warranty within 3 weeks...shipped, repaired and returned. A side cover was damaged in transit, and one if the knobs was missing. 1 phone call had a pair of side covers and a bunch of new knobs at my door a few days later...no charge.

BTW, it was our own forumite and Peavey engineer Soundman who diagnosed the mixer's problem from this forum...I posted the weird gain control problems I was having, and he couldn't figure it out right off. A couple weeks later he posted a thread asking who had posted about the problem with a Peavey mixer, and when I responded he told me he had checked a number of the mixers in stock in the warehouse and discovered the problem was caused by set of pots they had received that weren't to spec. Now that's going above and beyond in my book....

• Members

I too must admit, their reputation does seem to be on the rise. I don't know if it was a deliberate desision about where they want to be in the market place, but from what I see they are heading in the right direction.

Now when are they going to realease a light weight amp?

• Members

I don't know about "on the rise", I have always found Peavey to be a quality company. I've been buying gear for 30 years (yes, I am THAT old), and Peavey has always been on my list.

The reference point for quality is what has really changed. In the 70's and most of the 80's, expectations were low. Very few companies made equipment that you would consider "quality" by today's standards.

I think Peavey has done a great job of maturing with the industry.

• Members

Playing in bar bands and such, I LOVE Peavey gear. It's usually exactly what I'm looking for - solid and reliable, quality sound, and a good warranty to back it up.

That said, I know a few guys who just refuse to use Peavey gear. For example, a guy at my church who runs the sound for the church laughs at me every time I talk about using Peavey stuff. But then, he's the same guy who told our drummer "hey, you really ought to cut a hole in the head on your kick. I can't mic it without a hole for the mic." :rolleyes: He talks about running sound and renting gear with line array systems made by companies I've never heard of, and I keep telling him that's fine if you're on a multi-million-dollar tour, but for the sort of shows I play Peavey is right where I want to be - great bang for very few bucks, and they just won't die.

• Members

I've owned and enjoyed a lot of Peavey gear. Peavey Deltabass head, Nitrobass head, TVX 210 & BX BW115 cabinets, Max preamp etc. I still use a Cirrus-V bass which is a serious high-end machine and one of my two "go to" basses. All this equipment has performed up to, or exceeded my expectations given what I paid.

People who look down their noses at Peavey are just that type of people. There always needs to be someone at the bottom of the pile they can sneer at.

For those people I would say: We have Behringer, Samson, LOUD Technologies to kick around now. Peavey is good stuff.

I've contacted Peavey twice requesting information and they responded promptly both times. I can't say that about all music companies I've contacted. Most hae either ignored my request or sent me an automated response saying that they would address my concern / questions (which they never did). That's worth a lot to me.

• Members

One thing that impressed me, not only do they have great products, but I met Hartley Peavey at one of the Nam shows, myself and a sales rep from Parts Express. We set at a table, while he explained how he started the whole bussiness, which was really interesting. He could have rushed us off, but he didn't. It was almost like sitting around a campfire, talking about old times. And when it was over, you felt like you could say, hey Hartley, go grab your guitar and lets go down and pick a few at the local blues jam.

• Members

If you carry enough PA, power things correctly and configure the speaker processing correctly, you won't have to worry about blown drivers at all. Makes a replaceable basket a moot point.

I can't even remember the last time we blew a speaker and we have well over 100 drivers in the speakers in our inventory.

• Members

Peavey has ALWAYS had outstanding customer service / product support as far as i'm concerned. While most of their products are built to a price point ( what gear isn't ??? ), they've continually offered truly great and reliable products for the dollar spent. While one can find products that offer better build quality, more sophisticated designs, etc..., those will most always be accompanied by a measurably higher price tag. Sean

Archived