Questions for the Yorkville Owners...

• Members

Wow - seems to be a lot of Yorkville owners on here and first off - thanks for the encouraging replies to my other posts regarding them on here. Next are some questions (probably really friggin dumb ones) that I would greatly appreciate some input on. I'm brand new to active speakers in general so bear with me if I embarress myself here. :)

1. I'm running from the board into the sub (nx720) and out of that into the nx55. Now since I am not running anything out from the 55 does this mean that the lf rolloff is inactive? Does this mean that the sub is completely handling the frequency roll off?

2. I could probably stand to hear a little more bass from the subs - so should I just up it's volume, raise-or-lower the hf roll off or just boost the bass at the board?

3. Is it best to run into the sub first then out to the tops or does it really matter?

currently I'm keeping all my settings at 12:00 on both subs and tops.

thanks in advance for any input.

• Members

Wow - seems to be a lot of Yorkville owners on here and first off - thanks for the encouraging replies to my other posts regarding them on here. Next are some questions (probably really friggin dumb ones) that I would greatly appreciate some input on. I'm brand new to active speakers in general so bear with me if I embarress myself here.
:)

1. I'm running from the board into the sub (nx720) and out of that into the nx55. Now since I am not running anything out from the 55 does this mean that the lf rolloff is inactive? Does this mean that the sub is completely handling the frequency roll off?

2. I could probably stand to hear a little more bass from the subs - so should I just up it's volume, raise-or-lower the hf roll off or just boost the bass at the board?

3. Is it best to run into the sub first then out to the tops or does it really matter?

currently I'm keeping all my settings at 12:00 on both subs and tops.

thanks in advance for any input.

The XLR thru jacks on the LS720P and NX55P do not alter the original signal going to the connected speaker. Whatever signal you are sending from your mixer is getting to all speakers the same. If you are using subs, I would advise activating the 100hz cutoff on the Nx55Ps, especially for live music. Your NX55Ps will be louder and clearer overall since they no longer have to reproduce the DEEPER bass below 100hz. If you want more bass from the NX720Ps, which was the case when I used the Ls720P, turn up their gain a little and make sure your LF boost is higher than lower in frequency. Having it at 50hz for example will get you deeper bass but less output overall. Around 75 hz is probably a good setting. Experiment a little to see what works best... I've noticed that the NX720P needs it's volume a little higher to better match output wise with other Yorkville powered speakers. Again experiment a little with pre-recorded music and put up your mixer level and try to set the gains so all speakers go into limiting at approx. the same time. Try to resist cranking up the bass as it will usually eat up lots of headroom and becomes less necessary as sound levels get higher and human hearing flattens out. (at lower volumes, our ears appreciate deep bass and lots of highs but as the volume gets louder this becomes less needed)... Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. Al

Archived