Peavey 115 International Series

• Members

What do you want to know?

Three way system w/ old BW 350W woofers, 22a or XT compression driver and HT94 tweeter, plywood cabinet. Mid-late 80's models?

I'd consider them 350W speakers although they could be easily updated to higher powered newer components.

$500 is too high for me. New SP2's sound better.

• Members

Decent sounding, especially for their time. I think the opening bid price would be fair if you can snag it for that, provided everything is original and working. $500/pair is too much. There was a pair on my local craiglist for $200(!) but it was snapped up by the time I emailed the seller.

Peavey made a matching international series 1x18 sub cab that was pretty good. It was a standard 1801 Black Widow in a very large cabinet with a front slot port. I was called the SUB 118 HC. Some of the international series had gold colored Peavey logos, a departure from the standard silver.

• Members

Peavey also made a International 118 Three way system with a 18" woofer. I had a set of those boat anchors along with the original CS800 with the cast iron front. I always figured I was safe in a tornado if I was between the 2 speakers holding on the the power amp. :lol:

• Members

I used to use a couple of those for Drum monitors back in the 90's for college bar/frat basement work. They were better than a wedge for that job, and didn't sound horrible for their time, but newer boxes will sound much better.

• Members

I have a pair and I like them for the fact they are bi-amp ready and can mount on poles for really small rooms where space is a premium. Then I can throw subs under them if needed and have a 3-way/quasi 4-way. Or use as sides

• Members

The 118 International was a dog in my book ... except for those that wanted boom boom tweet tweet!

Now if you find a 112 International it was one of the best Peavey ever made ... a 12" coax BW woofer w/ 22A driver and a HT94 super tweeter. They never sold well because they pretty much must be used with subs. And that was back before the days when subs were used much by local bands.

• Members

The 118 International was a dog in my book ... except for those that wanted boom boom tweet tweet!

...when I bought those in high school, that's exactly what I was looking for back then. Tastes have changed a bit with age though...

Archived