headphones?

• Members

hey guys, what headphones do you guys use for livesound? I'm looking to get a better pair than the ones I have, and looking for some good noise cancelling ones....what do you suggest....

not too expensive, maybe 100-150 bucks....BTW is that too cheap to get some good ones?

Thanks

• Members

I likw my Sennheiser HD-280's About $100 (cheaper if you shop around) They cover the whole ear and helpyou avoid outside sound. Decent sound (To good when the talent button is at max and the band sucks) and comfortable enough to make do

• Members

Hey good timing. I need another pair.

I hear awhile back about a website, I think it was cheapcans.com or something. But that isn't it. And I can't find it. Supposedly it was this little company that everyone loved and had a great set for like $39.

However from my experience I love my 280 Pros, great isolation. The size annoys me during live sound though, I like the ability to have them on my neck, but they feel like a huge neck brace. If you need the isolation I'd pick those, if not I like the Sony 7506.

• Members

I used Sony 7506 for years until they finally died (my child stepped on them)... and I loved them. Had to have an immediate replacement that night and bought AT's ATH-M50. They are slightly heavier, but sound great and seal better on my ears. My new favorites....

• Members

well i found these......http://www.compuplus.com/i-Panasonic-Noise-Canceling-Headphones-RP-HC500-1009884~.html?sid=3uptvs011v24b50

the panasonic RP-HC500, and they are "true" noise cancelling phones. They also have great reviews, but I don't know how they'd do in live sound.....

has anyone used them?

O and they come with a little case haha....

• CMS Author

Who do we report SPAM to? Someone needs to get a real job.

Simply click the little ! in a triangle below the user's name of the post, and that will report the post to me and other moderators. The user is permanently banned and the post is removed from the thread.

• 9 years later...
  • Members

Denon d2000 seems to be a good one.

Don't go for Sonys, they won't give you good isolation and accuracy for mixing. Moreover, they are fatiguing. I would also recommend Beyers or Ultrasone.

I here have DT770s standard 80Ω Pro, it has made sense to me. I paired it with the HPBA-2 amp from Qes.

You can also go for semi opens like DT880, for more soundstage, but noise isolation is not there.

After some research, this post may be good for more research - https://www.soundmaximum.com/best-headphones-for-metal-rock/

• Members

Archived