Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey XR600F; Speaker sugguestions?

I can get a peavey xr600f for $200.

1. What peavey speakers are recemended?

2. Isnt my amperage suppose to be about half more then my speakers RMS?
    2 Les Paul Guitars
    Fender Acoustic
    ESP F104 bass
    2 Peavy 15" Mains
    Peavy Mixer
    Dbx Compressor
    Crown Xti Amp
    Shure SM58 Mics
    Casio Keyboard

I would not choose the speaker you buy based on the powered mixer.

I believe that the XR600 is rated at 200 watts per channel at 4 ohms. This is not a lot of power and you therefore should not worry about overpowering any P.A. speaker.

What I think you should do is buy a set of speakers that will work with the XR600, but are the type of speaker that will do what you are trying to do. Which brings us to the question.....What do you intend to do with the system?

Answer that, and I am sure we can come up with some ideas. If you have a budget in mind, please include that as well.

Comment

Evening!!!
      Well, I have a Peavey XR 600F and I am needing of info on some good speakers for it. Our church building is 32x48. Will this system work?

Comment

Peavey shows it with Sp2 speakers plugged in on the manual ;-) . I'd find a local , experienced sound provider in your area to give you some assistance. Doug https://assets.peavey.com/literature...s/80304471.pdf

Comment

Your signature lists a pair of Peavey 15"......what model are they?

Pretty much any of Peavey's passive speakers will work fine, but as already stated, it would help to know detail of what you'll be doing with them.
          "If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else" - Yogi Berra, 1925-2015

Comment

Regarding power, using RMS power higher than the speaker rating is not advisable. "Overhead" is often cited, but in reality is just wasted potential power.....until something goes wrong, at which point, there it is, ready to destroy your speakers.
            "If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else" - Yogi Berra, 1925-2015

Comment

Working...
            X