Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shure BG 5.1

I found one of these sitting in one of my buddies gear boxes. He can't remember where he got it, he thinks that someone forgot it once upon a time. I've never used one before and can't seem to find much on it, I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge of these mics...

Precursors to the PG series. They had all different naming conventions... like 2.1, 3.1, 4.1... The 4.1 and 5.1 are condensors... and are their top-of-the-line BetaGreen models. The 5.1 was more suited for live vocals.
    ​Boston Common Band - Boston Wedding Bands
    Sound --- DB Tech DVA T4's + RCF TTS18a Subs | RCF TT08a + ART710 Monitors
    Rack --- A&H QU-16 | Sennheiser Wireless Systems | Furman P2400AR
    Lighting --- Chauvet Quad6 PARs | Chauvet + ADJ Lasers | QSpot360 Moving Heads

Comment

The mic will run on phantom power or 1 AA battery that you have to unscrew the handle of the mic to change. You should probably check inside the mic and see if there is a dead old leaky AA inside. I beleive they stopped making these mics about 10 years ago. I used them several times on horns for a stage band. They sounded OK.
      Steve Bears
      www.audioeast.com

Sales, System Design, and Installation Services
      Authorized Dealer: Allen & Heath, Audix, Audio Technica, Ashly, Crest, Crown, DBX, Drawmer, Soundcraft, JBL, Midas, EV, Klark Teknik, TC Electronic, Lexicon, CBI, Yorkville, Road Ready Cases, Whirlwind, ProCo, Shure, Chauvet, and more.

Comment

Working...
      X