Using Powered Speaker with Peavey XR600?

• Members

I have an old Peavey XR600B with the original passive speakers that our band uses to amplify vocals. I've also been using a small Soundtech PA for monitors. To connect the Soundtech, I ran a cable from the monitor out on the Peavey to one of the inputs on the ST, and this worked fine. I now have a single POWERED Behringer speaker that I'd like to use as a 3rd forward facing speaker. How/where should I connect the powered Behringer if the ST is connected to monitor out?

Thanks

• Members

I now have a single POWERED Behringer speaker that I'd like to use as a 3rd forward facing speaker.

Why do you want a 3rd speaker? Is there some problem that you are trying to resolve? How are you planning to set the three speakers up? Depending on your deployment, it could hurt more than it helps.

• Members

Thanks for the responses. Yes, there is a main out and a mixer out on the front panel of the mixer. Is it safe to use the main out as well as the mixer out? I don't want to blow the powered speaker.

While it may seem odd, I plan to keep the Behringer in the center, right in front of the mixers. The Peaveys are on each side on stands. I play in a band with my kids. We usually play outdoor parties and I like having the mixers right in the front where it's easy for me to access. The speaker will fit neatly in front of the mixers and not obscure the "stage" any more than the existing equipment.

Archived