ALLEN AND HEATH GL2400 16 CHANNELS

• Members

The question was fair - he's just looking for help...

I too, tend to buy quality gear that I have to learn how to use. It sure beats buying cheap gear, and once you use it, deciding it's no good. And, if someone pays attention to these boards during their research, finds A&H highly recommended, and buys it, we shoiuldn't expect abuse when we ask for help! Having said that, there is a lot of usefull info in the manuals.

• Members

question: what aux should I use for my reverb unit? choices from 1 thru 6

this is for a "live " stage setting.

also for monitors, what aux

Dupree

Aux 5 or 6 would be best, they are 'Post Fader' which is generally where folks run effects. Send it out of Aux 5 or 6 and bring it back into an empty channel if you've got one that isn't being used. There are no 'Aux returns' on that board. nice board, I use the 32 CH with my summer-events-season gig.

• CMS Author

Guys, let's limit the negative comments please. Maybe the OP is going to be using someone else's mixer for a gig and just wants to know how to add his effects unit. Maybe he just got lucky and bought a great console and needs to learn how to use it. Either way we're here to help; if you don't want to help, please just stay out of the thread rather than posting negative comments about the OP's abilities. At some point we were all at his ability level.

• Members

Oh I wasn't trying to be negative! Thinking back to the OP I meant to suggest a little bit of suspicion. Guy that doesn't post much asks the same question three times w/ a relatively vague subject line...it seemed odd? I wasn't sure if he was being serious or not, not trying to give him a hard time. Shoot- I wish I could be asking that question, that would mean I actually have a GL2400.....

• Members

Maybe, OP has played in bands his entire life and has always been under the mercy of using other bandmates PAs. Now, he's finally saved up enough money to put together his own PA and he realized there is no point in wasting his money on crap.

Oh wait... that's going to be me. :cool:

• Members

Oh I wasn't trying to be negative! Thinking back to the OP I meant to suggest a little bit of suspicion. Guy that doesn't post much asks the same question three times w/ a relatively vague subject line...it seemed odd? I wasn't sure if he was being serious or not, not trying to give him a hard time. Shoot- I wish I could be asking that question, that would mean I actually have a GL2400.....

I'm with caseyjf. It seemed weird that the OP posted the same cryptic post three times. I believe he is legit but it seemed a little suspicious.

That plus the fact he asked the same question last May also makes me wonder...:poke:

• CMS Author

I'm with caseyjf. It seemed weird that the OP posted the same cryptic post three times. I believe he is legit but it seemed a little suspicious.

That plus the fact he asked the same question last May also makes me wonder...:poke:

"what aux should I use for my reverb unit?" seems pretty clear to me. What is confusing about this?

I have no idea what his reposting problem was, but there's no sign of spamming or trolling, so I don't see why this is a problem for anyone other than me needing to delete the extra's. He may have had a browser problem. It's not as if this forum performs flawlessly.

He did not ask the same question last year. He was asking how to set up aux fed subs and a few other questions. Nothing about how to connect an effects unit.

Bottom line is that I want to promote a friendly atmosphere here. If someone isn't obviously causing problems, there's no need to make derogatory comments, especially for beginners. If you suspect trouble, just report the post or PM me and I'll handle it directly with the poster.

• Members

question: what aux should I use for my reverb unit? choices from 1 thru 6

this is for a "live " stage setting.

also for monitors, what aux

Dupree

Since no-one seems to have actually answered the question...

Most people like to use a "post-fader" aux send for effects so that the effect level changes with fader changes. On this board all the auxes are switchable pre/post, so I would recommend you choose one and make all the sends post. Some people prefer their effects be the last auxes (i.e. 6) but other prefer them on the first aux. Since your board is switchable as 1-4 or 5-6 I recommend you use the 1-4 for monitors (pre fader) and 5-6 for effects (post fader).

Channel 15/16 are a good choice to return a stereo effect since they are stereo channels.

*EDIT* Sorry bassred, i didn't see your reply... ah well

Archived