Extremely cheap PA equipment needed inside.. please help

• Members

Ok so here is my situation. Just got a band together.

Guitar, Drummer, and Singer (I am the guitarist)

Anyways we have been jamming in Singers garage, and its been going very well. We all get along, and have the same vibe going.

Anyways for Vocals we have been using a Mic into a small mixer (unpowered) and then going out into a guitar amp.

Its not a very good setup as when we turn it up to a level we need it just feeds back horribly. IT works ok at a lowish level, however who wants to play rock and roll quietly?

So what I want to do is get something Small, cheap, and used to have just in buddy garage. This would be STRICTLY to stay in the garage and JUST for Vocals!!

So looking at my used stuff around here. and I came up with a couple options.

OPtion 1:Priority 130 watts rms.amplifier,two 100 watt Traynor 15" cabinets.and a Shure RS 25 $300

Looks like it would work, comes with speakers.... However about 6 hours from where I am so would have to be shipped.

Option 3: Traynor YVM-4 PA head. in good shape. $250 Almost the same as option 1 but I would need some speakers too.

Option 3: Traynor PM-100 Mono Amplifier. WOuld need speakers but is the cheapest option of the 3. Would need to be shipped as well. I think this would need the mixing board infront of it but thats not a problem as we already have one.

What do you guys think? I just want something to have fun with in a garage while we drink some beers and write some songs. None of us have much disposible income so CHEAP is good. (Drummers car just broke down, Singer is layed off, and I am the only one with any money, but not too much)

WE dont gig (yet anyways) and if/when we will we wont be needing our own, so there is no reason to spend big moneys.

Thanks very much!!!!

• Members

That mackie is only $200-ish more and worlds better than everything you mentioned. I would definitely consider them. Relize that the first option you posted is a used and over priced version of this:

Haha that almost seems perfect!!!

I am in Canada, so to find that in CAD would be like 350-375 then shipping too.

• Members

Anyways.. I wanted to know which of the 3 options would be best?

I think I dont really want option 1... just because it would cost a fortune to ship... Although from a selfish standpoint it would be the best, because I would own a complete PA system and not just parts of one.

Archived