BBE Sonic Maximizer

• Members

Smartass answers:

1. Door stop

2. Redo the front plate and label one knob "magic" and another "suck." Don't actually hook it to anything. Let the band's visiting BE tweak the sound with it and make sure you tell him/her how good a job they did with it.

3. Beating up unruly roadies.

4. Keeping your discarded B**ringer gear company in the 'rack of shame' back at the rehearsal space.

Ok, serious answer:

I have seen a few people insert these on a bad vocalist's channel strip to help "fix" (translation: obfuscate) some tonality issues, usually at the request of the singer. I have also seen it inserted on a guitar's channel strip.

• Members

Our singer uses one on his guitar channel (or is it his vocals? I dunno) and insists that he sounds better with it. We did get him good at the last gig and while he was telling us how much better he sounded with it on, we told him last time we re-wired the PA rack we left it unhooked. And he replied "Yeah, I figured that, since it hasn't sounded right". To which we replied "We really didn't unhook it, we were just {censored}ing with you". So apparently he really can't tell when it's plugged in anyway.

• Members

Our singer uses one on his guitar channel (or is it his vocals? I dunno) and insists that he sounds better with it. We did get him good at the last gig and while he was telling us how much better he sounded with it on, we told him last time we re-wired the PA rack we left it unhooked. And he replied "Yeah, I figured that, since it hasn't sounded right". To which we replied "We really didn't unhook it, we were just {censored}ing with you". So apparently he really can't tell when it's plugged in anyway.

What's the saying? Double-blind listening tests just make audiophiles look twice as stupid?

Well, they're going for ~$150 on screwbay, so if you're getting a good enough deal, they might look *really* nice in someone else's rack.

• Members

Well, they're going for ~$150 on screwbay, so if you're getting a good enough deal, they might look *really* nice in someone else's rack.

You're reading my mind Dude :cool: . Suppose I could just hand them out to bands with crappy sound - kinda like "Here's your sign" :lol: .

Looks like I also get an "AM Grade" Yamaha SPX90 that will fetch decent $$$ on eBay - 12khz bandwidth indeed :eek: !

• Members

mine made a crappy system (guitar rig) sound a bit better; a lot better actually. i imagine that it wouldn't do much (if at all) for a mid-range/high quality setup.

i just upgraded my whole guitar rig and the thing is useless now. I may give it a go in my vocal repertoire; BUT, I also own a TC-Helicon Voicelive, so I don't think it'll help much there either....lol.

it really may come down to making this a door stop to get any use out of it.

Archived