i got into a fight tonight

• Members

no no my sound isnt that bad.

tbf i werent so much in a fight as helped solve it

this is a talent competiton type deal been running for months.

ok so gig went good sounded awesome. came to announcing the winner. a band called drunken penguins got second and

• Members

Musical Instrument Digital Interface

MIDI

No second D

my second name is middleton. two D's

nah wasnt drunk it was very late when i wrote it in a hurry. haha

im gonna edge for a pay rise since i saved the owner haha

• CMS Author

Talent competitions seem to bring out the fighters. I had a pretty similar situation with my band several years ago....the gig runs way late, the winner is announced, everyone is finally allowed to load-out and we hear some asshole on the female venue MC's mic screaming at the judges and the audience that his band should've won, you all suck etc etc. I peek through the backstage curtain in time to see him dropkick the mic stand across the stage.

My singer, who runs maybe a buck-twenty soaking wet, is a friend of the MC and goes running out on stage screaming at the asshole who's a sawed off {censored}er himself but looks like he can handle himself. This winds up backstage with the asshole and his girlfriend cornered...right next to my bass, SVT rig, and my drummer's kit. It looks to be getting to the fist-swinging point, so I spie some of the stage rigging weights in case I need a "friend";), but it finally cools off when the asshole's bandmates show up and pull him back. The asshole's girlfriend starts in about how the asshole is an Iraq vet and f'd in the head from it, etc. Whatever.

We finally get loaded out and figure it's done, when the asshole starts in again outside. By this time the Wilmington cops *finally* show up (they were called right away...an hour earlier:facepalm:) and send the asshole on his way.

Great night.:rolleyes:

• Members

yeah it was a shame was a very good gig. its a small venue about 250 capacity. it was in the upstairs room and the rest of them have been downstairs which is a very shallow room with marble bar and mirrors. which is a pain as you can imagine with drums its so loud cos you have to get the vocals over the drums.

but upstairs is awesome lots of bass need less power to get the required volume. and my new e606 sounded awesome.

its a shame the people who kicked off came with the band who are {censored}ing awesome and i even offered to record them. the band themselves are nice guys and even apologised but hey.

drink + talent competitions = FIGHT!!

• Members

no no my sound isnt that bad.

tbf i werent so much in a fight as helped solve it

this is a talent competiton type deal been running for months.

ok so gig went good sounded awesome. came to announcing the winner. a band called drunken penguins got second and

• Members

haha thanks must have taken you ages. im sorry im from yorkshire, uk so we talk stupid round here. haha

Don't sweat it. I'm from Alabama. You can't believe what people around here have done to the "King's English". Actually, I was worried I would have offended you. Thanks for having a sense of humor.

:wave:

• Members

Don't sweat it. I'm from Alabama. You can't believe what people around here have done to the "King's English". Actually, I was worried I would have offended you. Thanks for having a sense of humor.

:wave:

haha no worries. i have to with some of the bands ive done sound for.

• Members

By this time the Wilmington cops *finally* show up (they were called right away...an hour earlier:facepalm:) and send the asshole on his way.

Wilmington? North Carolina?

I'm going there for a golf trip in a few weeks, go figure.

Archived