i had an odd one on friday

• Members

had an odd thing happen at a show on friday. i did a band that is very good, makes exceptionally good sounds and is overall a breeze to get it sounding stellar.

that said i had a fairly major issue that i should have been able to solve quickly but it took quite a while.

i kept getting a lowend rumble about 200hz or so and also some 100hz. my initial thought was a floor tom (4 toms) but they were fairly heavily gated and the gates were closing even during the rumble. the rumble would come and go for seemingly no reason. the band complained about a low rumble on stage and they thought it was one of the drums vibrating.

it was not.

i checked everything, made sure everything that should have a HP filter had one and even muted channels one at a time when appropriate to see if i could make a change. nothing helped.

after about 40 minutes the rumble went away completely and i thought about what had changed.....ok now the drummer is singing and no lowend rumble. hmmm. end of tune comes and i watch the drummer swing his beta58 back behind his head and right up against the wall and the rumble starts again. mute his channel and the rumble is gone. wtf....long story short the HP button was disengaged but still stuck in the sorta-down position on the gl2200. it sure looked like it was down, and i even had the Low shelf turned down on that channel.

after that everything went fine.........until the front singer pointed his mic right at the wedge.:facepalm:

• Members

after that everything went fine.........until the front singer pointed his mic right at the wedge.
:facepalm:

Really makes you wonder sometimes why you spend all that time ringing out the monitors... the singer just points the mic directly at them anyhow. :facepalm:

Archived