Cable storage

• Members

I use three of the cases shown below for my PA cabling. My system is a small club system (Yamaha SW115 subs, Yamaha Club V 15" mains) - that gets transported in my Ford E150 cargo van. I/We move it ourselves - so we can exercise reasonable care. The cases are 50-60 pounds when loaded, have a telescoping handle and wheels for easy movement and best of all cost less than $30 each.

I use one for all my keyboard stuff....one (with the tool tray removed) for speaker cabling ... and one for miscellaneous PA stuff.

They've been in service with me for more than 3 years - and I couldn't be happier in terms of price/performance.

PICT0065-1.jpg

• Members

I use three of the cases shown below for my PA cabling. My system is a small club system (Yamaha SW115 subs, Yamaha Club V 15" mains) - that gets transported in my Ford E150 cargo van. I/We move it ourselves - so we can exercise reasonable care. The cases are 50-60 pounds when loaded, have a telescoping handle and wheels for easy movement and best of all cost less than $30 each.

I use one for all my keyboard stuff....one (with the tool tray removed) for speaker cabling ... and one for miscellaneous PA stuff.

They've been in service with me for more than 3 years - and I couldn't be happier in terms of price/performance.

PICT0065-1.jpg

That seems to be perfect for what I need.

• Members

PICT0065-1.jpg

I think I saw this at Home Depot or Lowes? around 25 bucks?

• Members

I think I saw this at Home Depot or Lowes? around 25 bucks?

I bought mine from Lowes .... $29 and some change.

They certainly won't hold up to the rigors of touring with a honest to gosh touring act. But for a "DIY" weekend act - the smaller case size and distributed weight are much easier to deal with than a monolithic monster road case weighing hundreds of pounds. If you can give them reasonable care (i.e., not throw or drop them - and ensure they get packed on the top of stuff and not at the bottom of the pile) - they'll serve you well - and at a faction of the cost of a "real" road case.

• Members

i coil the cables all nice and tidy, wrap a velcro strap around each one, and toss them in a duffle bag. i also have a smaller bag for my misc guitar gear like extra strings, multi-tool, capos, etc, and a large bag for speaker and mic stands. the smaller two actually fit in the big bag, so i can carry everything in one bag. its heavy, but i dont have to tote a bunch of bags back and forth. ive just started doing it this way, so time will tell if it works well.

• Members

man, you can find anything on youtube nowadays! if that didnt help, the trick is to let the cable coil in its natural shape. depending on the cable, usually about 1.5' in diameter, and you roll the cable in your fingers as you loop it. i didnt watch the video, but i bet said roughly the same thing.

• Members

We are also in the league of weekend warriors. No trucks, no trailors. The large HD wheeled road case above would be great for the cables, but hard to pack in/out using our personal vehicles.

We have used hockey equipment bags for the last few years and they work pretty well. VERY gentle on our vehicles' interiors and easy enough to move around. Plus, they are tough as nails (well...soft nails anyway).

Thought about those wheeled plastic containers as well. For us, the ease of top-loading two hockey bags still wins out.

They have newer hockey bags that are backpack style with rollers and tele-handles. Reebok, I believe. My daughter uses one (for it's intended purpose) and it's really slick. With two kids in hockey, I get a hand-me-down bag every couple years. :thu:

Archived