Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Mixer question

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixer question

I picked up a Behringer Xenyx unpowered mixer for $25 on ebay (I'm about to buy a talkbox and I'm going to use it though this). My plan is to use the mixer right into our PA system when we play live, but I have a question about using it at home. Since this mixer is unpowered, could I run it through my crate power block and then to my speakers?

Talkbox/mic>mixer>crate power block>main speakers
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><font color="blue"><i><font face="Century Gothic">Peavey XXX (modded), Epiphone VJ (modded), Peavey Tour 450 (bass)</font></i></font></font><br />
    <font face="Century Gothic"><font size="1"><i><font color="navy">Mesa 412 (v30s), Greenback 112, G&amp;K 410</font></i></font></font><br />
    <font size="1"><font face="Century Gothic"><i><font color="teal">Ibanez SZ320 (JB/Jazz), Ibanez RG3EX1 (Distortion/Jazz), '72 Hondo LP (stock Dimarzios), MIA Strat (stacked humbucker in bridge), LTD M107 (D-Activators), Agile PS-900 ('59/JB), Schecter Omen 8, SX Furrian tele, 'Fender' 5-string P-bass</font></i></font></font><i><br />
    <font size="1"><font face="Century Gothic"><font color="purple">Line 6 POD XT</font></font></font></i></div>

Yes - but get the manual (available for download from Behringer.com), it tells and shows you all about how to hook it up.

"We Have Met the Enemy and He is Us" - Walt Kelly​

Comment

Yeah I'm reading the manual right now. I'm a bit confused still...

Will I even need to use the Powerblock? If I plug the mic from the talk box into the mixer, and then hook up my two small PA speakers (unpowered) to the mains output on the mixer will this work?
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><font color="blue"><i><font face="Century Gothic">Peavey XXX (modded), Epiphone VJ (modded), Peavey Tour 450 (bass)</font></i></font></font><br />
      <font face="Century Gothic"><font size="1"><i><font color="navy">Mesa 412 (v30s), Greenback 112, G&amp;K 410</font></i></font></font><br />
      <font size="1"><font face="Century Gothic"><i><font color="teal">Ibanez SZ320 (JB/Jazz), Ibanez RG3EX1 (Distortion/Jazz), '72 Hondo LP (stock Dimarzios), MIA Strat (stacked humbucker in bridge), LTD M107 (D-Activators), Agile PS-900 ('59/JB), Schecter Omen 8, SX Furrian tele, 'Fender' 5-string P-bass</font></i></font></font><i><br />
      <font size="1"><font face="Century Gothic"><font color="purple">Line 6 POD XT</font></font></font></i></div>

Comment

Will I even need to use the Powerblock? If I plug the mic from the talk box into the mixer, and then hook up my two small PA speakers (unpowered) to the mains output on the mixer will this work?
        If you duck-tape the speakers to your head like a pair of headphones you might hear something if it is real quiet and you have exceptionally good hearing . If you want any real output from them you need a power amplifier between the mixer and the speakers.

Comment

If you duck-tape the speakers to your head like a pair of headphones you might hear something if it is real quiet and you have exceptionally good hearing . If you want any real output from them you need a power amplifier between the mixer and the speakers.

Yeah I figured...I will probably just use the power block then...I just use it as a backup amplifier as it is, and this whole setup is going to just be for home use...we have an 8ch. Kustom PA mixer we use at practice.

Comment

Yah, people have used the Crate Powerblock as a PA amp before. Nice little amp!

Comment

Wiring question:
              instrument wire from mixer to power block
              speaker wire from power block to speakers

correct?

Comment

Wiring question:
                correct?

Comment

That's what I thought, just wanted to check. Sounds great for a budget practice talk box setup...will have to wait until sunday to see how it sounds through our PA. I got the Danelectro Free Speech talkbox because the Rocktron wouldn't fit on my board...and I don't want to get rid of any of my other pedals It actually sounds good if you mic it instead of using the mics that come with the pedal.

Comment

Wiring question:

correct?

im gonna be blunt.
                    thats common sense
                    and technically you should be using balanced cable from the mixer to the amplifier either XLR or TRS but your probably not going long distances so you should be fine

Comment

im gonna be blunt.
                      thats common sense
                      and technically you should be using balanced cable from the mixer to the amplifier either XLR or TRS but your probably not going long distances so you should be fine

The smaller Behringer mixers are unbalanced out TS only.

Boomerweps

Comment

The smaller Behringer mixers are unbalanced out TS only.

In General, Most mixers have balenced TRS or XLR outputs.

Behringer ren't consistent with the parts they use unlike other manufactures, you never know what you get, thats why the price is so low

Comment

Working...
                        X