is this hooked up right

• Members

we are running a QSC 3102 amp to 4 peavey sp2's wanting to run mono, the settings on the amp are -input config--Bridge-- channel 1 set at Full--channel 2 set at Full--clip limiter is on, the sp2's wattage ect. 1200watt peak-6oowatt program-300watt RMS(49vRMS), impiedance 8 OHMS, crossover 1800Hz -- inputs on speaker are-- Full Range and BI AMP, running the amp set up to--Full Range side of the speaker then jumping from top speaker to bottom doing the same on both sides IS THIS RIGHT??

• Members

I think you have this set up wrong. The way its set up your running all 4 boxes in bridged mode (I think). Are you daisy chaining all 4 speakers together? If so please dont fire things up! You are driving the amp well below 2ohms.

• Members

I think you have this set up wrong. The way its set up your running all 4 boxes in bridged mode (I think). Are you daisy chaining all 4 speakers together? If so please dont fire things up! You are driving the amp well below 2ohms.

In bridged you're running on 1 ohm, definitely not good.

• Members

If your planning on a single mono signal from your mixer the correct order should be simular to this:

single line from mixer to channel 1 of your 3102 >

set your amp correctly by using the dip switches on the rear. I believe its "Parrallel imputs" 4,5,6, turn them to the "on" setting. Do not use "bridged mode".

The amp has an internal jumper to send the signal to channel 2 on the amp.

You can control both channel 1 and channel 2 seperately with the front gain controls, but for now just crank them full open.

Channel 1 to left side of stage, daisy chain the other speaker

Channel 2 to right side of stage and daisy chain the other speaker

This way you are running 2 speakers per side or channel of the amp.

• Members

IT would be 2 ohms.

Two 8 ohms wired in parellel is 4 ohms. Two 4 ohms is 2. To two pairs of 8s is two 4s which is 2.

It doesnt stop.

Ed

Sorry I misstyped that quite badly. I meant that for a bridged amp it would see twice the load (1 ohm) compared to running in stereo. I don't know any bridged amp that can do better than a 4 ohm load (which = 2 of those speakers).

• Members

Each channel ofthe amp would see 1 ohm of the 2 ohm total load. That is until the bamp shut down or failed.

Jeez, I wish amp manufacturers would eliminate the bridge switch from amps, they could cut their failure rate way down. If the OP read the manual and understood what he was doing, he would have seen the mistake.

• Members

Each channel ofthe amp would see 1 ohm of the 2 ohm total load. That is until the bamp shut down or failed.

Jeez, I wish amp manufacturers would eliminate the bridge switch from amps, they could cut their failure rate way down. If the OP read the manual and understood what he was doing, he would have seen the mistake.

Ok, that's exactly what I meant but didn't say.

And I agree with the second paragraph too! :thu:

• Members

So, on the amp set the 1st switch on the top left to STEREO. The CLIP LIMITER to ON.

From your mixer (or EQ) use the LEFT MAIN OUT to the QSC CH1 input. Then connect RIGHT MAIN OUT to QSC CH2.

Connect 2 SP2's to the QSC CH1 OUTPUT, the other 2 to QSC CH2 OUTPUT.

Each amp channel will "see" a 4 ohm load and will deliver up to (and way more if in clipping) 1000w per channel @ 4, or 500w per box.

Bridging the amp is not right in this app, stereo would be preffered.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

If the amp has a thru output, he could just run output from mixer/crossover to input of channel 1, then use thru output to channel 2 of amp. That's how I run my peavey amps, I don't know if this amp has a thru output though.

• Members

I'm not that far removed from being totally clueless to this kind of stuff (that is, now I'm just kinda clueless). In his defense, to someone new at pro audio stuff - and judging by his 1 total posts he's new to pro audio- its pretty easy to mis understand exactly how the amps works and the right way to hook up all the speakers - even if you've read the manual.

Archived