Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clip on Fan

I used to put a clip on fan behind my amp racks in the summer. I saw this Vornado clip on fan (w/ a base for floor use) on Woot today for $20. Goes $40+ on Amazon.

http://www.woot.com/
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused."

www.scredco.com - Gear and FOR SALE list on my web site.

Clips: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=777819

I've been debating picking one of those up for my drum kit. I guess I should do it.
    How about a mother****************ing crocodile pit instead of those titty ****************s !

Last edited by Jazz Ad on 06-20-2004 at 098 PM

Comment

I don't have any photos just yet, but I've been building custom fans for my drummers.

Took this fan:

...and this lighting fixture clamp:

....a length of 1/2" tubing from Home Depot and a 1/4"x1" bar, welding a new base frame with a bolt hole through the bar, swapping it on the fan with 1/4" bolts, attaching the new frame to the lighting clamp, and clamping the assembly to their drum racks' vertical legs.

They LOVE it. Don't need to take up floorspace with a big box fan, goes up and comes down with their racks, sits right next to them and can aim exactly where they want it, 3 speed fan so they can get it just right, and both of them told me I should start building a bunch of these to sell to drummers around town. I'll see about getting a photo or two for ya to see how this works...
      "Understanding that sentence meant he wasn't much of a chess player." - Abzurd

Winner of MYSTIC FX'S Most Metal Face, Early '09 Award

Eden WT550B, D212XLT-4 times two, D210XLT, SKB US Roto Rack 4U, USA-made X2 XDS-Plus, Korg DT-7 tuner, Tobias Killer B5, Ibanez Prestige SR1005EFM, world-famous custom rack mounted CUP HOLDER! For my BEER!

Comment

I thought about doing something to make a custom one, but I figured $22 shipped for a Vornado is a good price anyway (you can pick them up for like $29 from Newegg with free shipping after the Woot deal runs out), and I'm never going to get around to fabricating something myself.

If I was going to do something, I'd build one into the bottom of my drum riser. If we had the room in the trailer, I'd take apart a home window air conditioning unit, mount it below the riser, and have it vent up through the top... would be ****************ing sweet.
        How about a mother****************ing crocodile pit instead of those titty ****************s !

Last edited by Jazz Ad on 06-20-2004 at 098 PM

Comment

Well, this little guy moves more air on 2 than either of them thought they needed, and that clamp is far more reliable and sturdy than a clip-on base like in that Vornado. They both complained about previous fans. So the idea popped up.

It could be even easier than how I did it, to modify this fan with just a piece of flat bar stock and three holes. If you're up to the challenge.

Or I just sell you one. AHHA!!!
          "Understanding that sentence meant he wasn't much of a chess player." - Abzurd

Winner of MYSTIC FX'S Most Metal Face, Early '09 Award

Eden WT550B, D212XLT-4 times two, D210XLT, SKB US Roto Rack 4U, USA-made X2 XDS-Plus, Korg DT-7 tuner, Tobias Killer B5, Ibanez Prestige SR1005EFM, world-famous custom rack mounted CUP HOLDER! For my BEER!

Comment

Working...
          X