Anyone have a pair of B215As they use as stereo stage PAs?

• Members

Hi - First, please don't flame me too much for asking about the B company; and second, moderators if possible if you please, don't move this to the Behringer sucks-no it doesn't thread. It's just a real-world question on a specific piece of gear I own, not a philosphical or esoteric one - thanks in advance for any help!

Anyway, I've got a pair of these I use as my Yamaha Motif PA for gigs and practicing. I notice that the higher keyboard notes, and to a lesser degree the mid-high notes, often sound thin and almost harsh, especially compared to the lower keyboard notes.

Does any one else use these monitors? I'm wondering if the suboptimal sound I'm getting is because they are Behringer products, or because I need to do some EQ shaping on the way in. It's a decent keyboard, so I don't think it's a GIGO problem. If other folks are not having similar problems, I'll spend some time on the EQ.

Thanks!

• Members

The EQ is your friend.

I use a couple on stage and without a nudge here and there they are kinda harsh at times.

Cool, thanks for the reply!

Can you describe please what you run through them, and where you find you need to EQ?

Thanks again!

• Members

Well I'm running mainly vocals through them and my EQ for them is a frown with the top end set a little lower than the bottom.

It seems that if you turn them up past about 3/4 of the way they just turn alittle mushy. I don't know if theres some kind of limiting going on in them, but I usualy don't have the bass or treble on them above the 1/2 mark and the volume past 2/3rds.

All my EQ tweaks come from the board.

I don't think they would handle anything more then vocals at any kind of volume.

If you try putting a guitar or two and a bass as well as vocals your asking for mush.

• Members

Well I'm running mainly vocals through them and my EQ for them is a frown with the top end set a little lower than the bottom.

It seems that if you turn them up past about 3/4 of the way they just turn alittle mushy. I don't know if theres some kind of limiting going on in them, but I usualy don't have the bass or treble on them above the 1/2 mark and the volume past 2/3rds.

All my EQ tweaks come from the board.

I don't think they would handle anything more then vocals at any kind of volume.

If you try putting a guitar or two and a bass as well as vocals your asking for mush.

Thanks for the description.

I was thinking of adding the mic'd electric guitars to my keys through the B215As (currently the voices and the mic'd guitars are routed together to a 2nd PA, and we're looking for a way to to separate the voices from the instruments). But from your description, maybe I shouldn't count too much on that working.

Thanks again!

Archived