Budget Nady speakers....

• Members

Wow do they suck. Due to lineup changes in the band, we need some new monitors. Singer's friend said he had some Nadys we could use. Used two for rehearsal. Fed each one 200 watts, ran everything as high as we could go without the clips lights being on solidly and could barely hear them. Sounded awful too. I don't know what model they were, but they had a 12 and a piezo in each. Looked cheap even for Nady. Weighed about 20 pounds each.

Had the same problem in the former lineup where one guy bought a Nady. Nowhere near the output of better brands. For most speakers the 200 watt amps I use will make your ears bleed when powering monitors.

Anybody considering bottom of the line gear, it just isn't worth it no matter how cheap it is.

• Members

Wow do they suck. Due to lineup changes in the band, we need some new monitors. Singer's friend said he had some Nadys we could use. Used two for rehearsal. Fed each one 200 watts, ran everything as high as we could go without the clips lights being on solidly and could barely hear them. Sounded awful too. I don't know what model they were, but they had a 12 and a piezo in each. Looked cheap even for Nady. Weighed about 20 pounds each.

Had the same problem in the former lineup where one guy bought a Nady. Nowhere near the output of better brands. For most speakers the 200 watt amps I use will make your ears bleed when powering monitors.

Anybody considering bottom of the line gear, it just isn't worth it no matter how cheap it is.

So far, the cheapest speakers that I have seen that were actually usable were the Kustoms that go for around $100 per box - they have a 15" and a horn in them. I'm guessing their wedges are the same.

My bass player inherited these speakers from a former guitarist that owed him money, so we stick them on top of the 2x15"+1" mains that we have and aim them back at the band and use them for monitors.

I'm not sure that I would suggest them, because personally I'd rather take the $200 and look for a pair of used Peavey's, something like the 115 Internationals, but the Kustoms aren't too bad for a practice PA.

Archived