Is this right?

• Members
Is it right to add a DI box in between the wireless unit and Mixer to 'balance' the signal?

Yes if you need to run it more than 20' to the mixer otherwise you can just use a guitar cord to a line input on the mixer. I just park my wireless receiver on top of my FOH rack. I'm assuming you're talking about a wireless mic?

• Members

Yes if you need to run it more than 20' to the mixer otherwise you can just use a guitar cord to a line input on the mixer. I just park my wireless receiver on top of my FOH rack. I'm assuming you're talking about a wireless mic?

I put the wireless mic receiver next to the mixer...so since it's so short I should forgo the D.I?

• Members

There is no advantage at all.

I just threw away some of these... they are so bad I couldn't give them away for free!!! I guess if it works for you then great, but yikes that's junk and not worth risking any gig I can think of with it.

• Members

I just threw away some of these... they are so bad I couldn't give them away for free!!! I guess if it works for you then great, but yikes that's junk and not worth risking any gig I can think of with it.

Well the OP likes Behringer mics so the wireless might be a step up,or not.

• Members

Andy...thanks. :)

• CMS Author

Is there any advantage using a balanced TRS 1/4" instead a of a regular 1/4" mono?

It wouldn't matter here. If the cable run is long, then a DI would be a good idea...use a short cable out of the T3 into the DI. If the cable run is short, a DI can still be used, but you could try simply using a TS cable into a line input on the mixer.

As already stated, don't put any money into this setup. Definitely test it before shows in each venue to be as certain as possible that you aren't getting interference in a particular space.

Archived