CARVIN LS1801NA....Good Sub maybe?

• Members

I have two Carvin LS1801A subs. I bought the first as a blemished item (never found anything wrong with it) so the price was about half of that. I bought the second so I'd have a matched set.

They sound OK, and at 700W each are loud enough for what I'm doing which is small bar rock band stuff. Reasonable weight, decent sound, and they haven't crapped out on me in the 18 months or so that I've had them.

My only real caveat with them is that Carvin does not have a great reputation with customer service, so if you ever have a problem maybe it'll get fixed fast and maybe it won't, y'know? I've never actually had to deal with their customer service, though, so that's purely hearsay on my part. Maybe they've improved; I don't know.

• Members

I'm still looking for an 18" powered sub for my 1-man band thing. Weight, price and features might make this Carvin @ $549 the steal of the century. Anyone have experience?

had someone trade in a pair of these for one LS800P... they were nothing short of useless unless you are doing puppet shows. $549 wont get you a good passive sub...

Archived