xti vs rmx amps

• Members

It was my understanding that the xti seris was alot more efficent at power draw. This is actually saying the crown draws more. Is this the correct spec to see what the power draw is?

Power Requirements

Typical, 1/8 power pink noise at 4?*

xti 4000 10. 5 amps

qsc rmx 4050hd 10 amps

• Members

The RMX4050 puts out more power under all loads. If the ratings are similar then I would go with the 4050 due to efficiency. If it has to travel the the crown. PLX3602 would be a great choice BUT. What kind of amps are you using? I like to keep them all in the same family of amps. Easier to rack, patch etc...

• Members

Right now we use xti's. I have 4 xti 4000's. 3 xti 2000's.

I have never even glanced at anything but power ratings on the box till i found this forum. I was always under the impression that the xti's were a power saving model and the rmx seris was a power hog. i own a few rmx

2450's (in clubs) they are great amps but VERY heavey, thats why we use xti's. At my big club i have 2 xti 4000's (on 4 yamaha club dual 18's) and a xs 700 on 2 yamaha club 15's. This all runs on 15 amps. I dont see 2 4050's running on 15 amps. Maybe im still stero typing the rmx seris.

• Members

We are a Crown & QSC house and I......who am I kidding, you dont care about my recommendation ;)

I have used pretty much QSC and Crown for 90% of my applications. Both are very good, but QSC does seem to offer some more inexpensive options without DSP :)

Archived