Monitors and fans on amps?

• Members

Ok using my PA for the first time this weekend and I have a few questions. I am going to run all 4 of my monitors on one amp but the 4 ohm load per side would be 650 and 325 per speaker which I fear is too much. I could turn the amps up about 60 to 70 percent or I think a better option is the QSC USA 1300 I have will do a 2 ohm load per side so my 4 8ohm cabs would be a 2ohm load @ a 1000 watts a side but only 200 per monitor which is right in the wheelhouse of my monitors. Would you all suggest running a fan on the amps running a 2 ohm load or is that something you would do anyway regardless. I thought of bringing fans for the amps anyway but what is everyone's opinion on it.

• Members

Don't worry about wattage that way - it's not like that wattage is just going to start running through your speakers when you plug them in, it depends on how loud you turn things up. How loud a signal you send from the mixer to the amp. Turn the amp gain knob down halfway if you're worried about sending too hot a signal.

Archived