No announcement yet.

Monitors and fans on amps?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitors and fans on amps?

Ok using my PA for the first time this weekend and I have a few questions. I am going to run all 4 of my monitors on one amp but the 4 ohm load per side would be 650 and 325 per speaker which I fear is too much. I could turn the amps up about 60 to 70 percent or I think a better option is the QSC USA 1300 I have will do a 2 ohm load per side so my 4 8ohm cabs would be a 2ohm load @ a 1000 watts a side but only 200 per monitor which is right in the wheelhouse of my monitors. Would you all suggest running a fan on the amps running a 2 ohm load or is that something you would do anyway regardless. I thought of bringing fans for the amps anyway but what is everyone's opinion on it.
    Good Deals with: Norton666, Creep66, PBomber22, radonballon, DarkLlama, TomCray, Heady Dude, Countrybass, Lonnie99, jnapruitt, JDS22, BG76, Quicksilver689, Vidiot72, Used666

Guitars
    2 LesPauls
    4 Strats
    1 Hamer
    1 Ibanez
    1 BC Rich

Don't worry about wattage that way - it's not like that wattage is just going to start running through your speakers when you plug them in, it depends on how loud you turn things up. How loud a signal you send from the mixer to the amp. Turn the amp gain knob down halfway if you're worried about sending too hot a signal.
    "I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile"

Comment

I agree. Before I ran the amp down to 2 Ohms I would just run it at 4 Ohms and be careful with how hot you run things. Sco was right, bring down the input gain controls a bit and keep an eye on things.

Comment

Fans never hurt
        Don Boomer

Comment

Unless they are blowing against the fans HEHE

Comment

Just mount the fans into the rack. Like this.
            Dale Christenson Sound4U A local sound provider serving Oklahoma and surrounding areas. http://sound4u.co Presonus: RM32ai mixer, CS18ai control surface, SL16.4.2 mixer SL328ai speakers X4 Presonus ULT15 speakers x4 JBL: SRX728 Subs x2 Driverack PA2 (for subs)

Comment

Working...
            X