• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about a crossover?

Comment

i have no idea what a crossover is??

Comment

i have no idea what a crossover is??

A unit that takes the input signal and separates the subs from the mid/highs (2 way) or subs, mids, highs (3 way). It will clean up the sound because the low freqs do not get sent to the mid/highs, and the mid/high freqs don't get sent to the sub.

My drummer uses the TD 20 and he has a Roland keyboard amp for practice that really works pretty good. You can feel the kick and the overall kit is very loud. It would definitely fill a living room with sound. It makes life easier since it is a single unit.

For rehearsals and gigs we use in ears.
        "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." - Hunter S. Thompson

Band promo shots on railroad tracks were cool in 1981...

Comment

If you have, or buy the QSC GX5 that you were talking about in your original post, you could use the built-in crossover function rather than a separate unit.

Comment

yea, use the built-in Xover on the GX. maybe go get one of those cheap 4 input mixers at GC, they're about $80

Comment

; to rolands over priced dinky v-drum amp (pm-30). I am in the process of building a PA system for this kit to punch the walls and need some help as I am not an audio guy (I wish I was, I love the stuff, just not smart enough).

So now that I hope im accepted as a newbie, here
              Eschew Obfuscation.

Comment

Actually, my drummer uses an old Peavey keyboard amp with his trapkat and Alesis brains for practice; it works great and sounds very acceptable.oke:

Yeah, I was going to comment on nrg's statement about this. Either keyboard or bass amps are full-range and well suited for drums.

Comment

If you are selling the P.A. stuff,what are you asking for the GX-5???

Comment

• Working...
                    X