X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to clean an srx type covering

oops. got a dusty hand print on my new box. paint was dry, hand was dusty. the dust will come off but anything i try to wipe the box with gets shredded and then those peices stick to the box

tried a nice rag and a polo shirt, both got shredded.

my finish is similar to srx finish in terms of roughness. not smooth, but you wont cut your hand either. i would say a nice 120grit feel.

any advice?
    <div class="signaturecontainer">band status - &quot;its complicated&quot;</div>

cover the rest of the box with dusty handprints? :lol:

How about compressed air?

Comment

i could try air when i get back there (rhymes)

as to your first suggestion - where is the tongue sticking out smiley?

Comment

i could try air when i get back there (rhymes)

as to your first suggestion - where is the tongue sticking out smiley?

In my experience, the first suggestion might be the more useful <--there it is

Comment

agreed. but i want to actually use the box once before 'customizing' it.

Comment

Bristle paint brush or a soft "el cheapo" walmart scrub brush. I use an "armorall" style protectant on my SRX cabinets. Brings out the black color and keeps the dirt and lint from sticking.
            <div class="signaturecontainer">Engineering Axiom 21: Whomever has the key should be qualified.</div>

Comment

Mineral spirits? Lightly rubbing so you don't screw up the actual finish may get that out for you.

Comment

Working...
              X