eqing the room

• Members

I've had that happen to me as well.

I believe it means that the processing logic couldn't resolve itself completely - given what it could "hear". I suspect that if you were to move the RTA mic to a different location and rerun the EQ Wizard - you would have changed the input parameters just enough to allow the processing logic finish.

Personally, when that happens to me - I simply kill the Wizard and give the incompleted results a listen. If it sounds good - I save the results and simply go with it. I suspect that there's very little difference between a 99% completed EQ setting and a 100% completed EQ settings.

That's just me. I could be way wrong.

• Members

When the auto-rta does not complete, it is because it cannot solve the problems it thinks it sees even with full cut or boost of a given band. (IMHO there should be a setting that disallows any boosts.)

Many feel that if auto RTA has any use, it is outdoors in a reflection-free area. Let it do its thing and save the result. I tend to agree.

When you are inside, recall the saved result and tweak by ear to reduce room problems.

With most rigs, the first two problems I encounter are usually 80Hz and somewhere between 4K and 8K. (I often find these to be a problem outdoors as well.)

Archived