Ideas for getting my 722

• Members

find a carpenter and explain what you need done. be sure and tell him whatever he builds needs to be black and it will get banged up, that way he wont try and make some fancy edged hardwood and varnish it.

what i would do is make a stand out of 3/4" birch or pine and then coat it with duplicolor bed liner. it will match the srx finish or be so close you wont notice it. the result will look factory.

• Members

Do you still have the 418's? you could use them as the "dummy" box to sit between the 728 and 722.

Yeah, I still have the MP418's. The only problem with that is I may not have quite enough room in my cargo van. I'll have to try and come up with a new way to pack the van. I could do that though. Good idea.

• Members

It would be great to get 'em up another 10 inches...

Hmmm... puts on thinking cap.

I suppose a common half ton rated furniture dolly with the casters removed and some big old hard rubber feet put in their place would give you almost 5" of lift at bottom of a stack.

200381__1.jpg

It would give you a nice carpeted surface your cabs on so they don't get all too scuffed up laying on end. I also suppose it'd give you something to loop a ratchet strap though when you stack all this stuff up.

Then I suppose you could replace the little stock feet at the bottom of the top boxes with some 1-1/2" tall ones. That might give you another inch or so of elevation.

So you'd be up about 6 - 7" without building anything at all. Maybe that would be enough?

• Members

I use these for a multitude of purposes. Very sturdy and colapse down to almost nothing for transport.

WS540_m.jpg

Width range: 17" to 26" - 43.2 to 66cm

Depth range: 14" to 17.5" - 35.6 to 44.5cm

Height range: 24.25" to 32.5" 61.6 to 81.3 cm

Frame tubing size: 30mm

Weight Capacity: 300lb - 135 kg

Weight: 13lb - 5.9kg

Archived