This IS a subwoofer...

• Members

I personally haven't seen a power amp that can do over 3000 watts... I'm sure they exist....

I've been familiar with Studio R amps for 20+ years and can vote for their sheer power and great reliability in extreme conditions, but for some reason they never had the desire to go international. I've also heard of some European brands (don't recall the names now) that have some options around the 10KW mark.

The Danley sub handling is actually 5.600W continuous... Still very impressive...

• Members

I've been familiar with
for 20+ years and can vote for their sheer power and great reliability in extreme conditions, but for some reason they never had the desire to go international. I've also heard of some European brands (don't recall the names now) that have some options around the 10KW mark.

The Danley sub handling is actually 5.600W continuous... Still very impressive...

powersoft is the company your thinking of.

• Members

All of Danley's stuff is impressive, but Danly has created a far more impressive subwoofer design, called the "Matterhorn". It is not available for purchase as far as I know. It was more of a "Can we do this?" kind of challenge:

http://www.danleysoundlabs.com/matterhorn.htm

Down to 12hz and SPL of 105db @ 270 yards? Nah, that's common specs. ;)

• Members

I think the myth busters disproved that myth...lol.... they had Adam in a diaper sandwiched between several enormous subs with about 50,000w going from 10hz to 100hz, very funny.

Yea, but the subs they used can't do 30Hz well, let alone 10.

Archived