• Show
Clear All

• This IS a subwoofer...

You guys seen these?

Second link is a PDF...

http://www.danleysoundlabs.com/tapped_horn.asp?MODEL=TH%20812

http://www.danleysoundlabs.com/pdf/TH%20812%20spec%20sheet.pdf
    YMMV.

Release your inner DJ... then you will begin to see.

That's got better sensitivity than most hi frequency drivers. 11000 watts at 110db (I presume 1w/1m?)

What do you drive it with?

Comment

Wow! 147db's and 11,200w !!!

Comment

Wow! 147db's and 11,200w !!!

That's what I was thinking.

I personally haven't seen a power amp that can do over 3000 watts... I'm sure they exist....

Comment

I personally haven't seen a power amp that can do over 3000 watts... I'm sure they exist....

allexcosta himself posted some links to some hellacious power amps from Brazil that pump out that kind of power.

Comment

The thing about Danley and his stuff - he tends to rate his stuff conservatively. When Tom Danley says his stuff can put out 147dB, then it can put out 147dB. His specs are devoid of BS.
            Chief fader ape, wire monkey, mic macaque, and speaker chimp.

Comment

8 12" drivers?

60 x 60 x 28"??

480 lbs???

147db????

Comment

I've been familiar with Studio R amps for 20+ years and can vote for their sheer power and great reliability in extreme conditions, but for some reason they never had the desire to go international. I've also heard of some European brands (don't recall the names now) that have some options around the 10KW mark.

The Danley sub handling is actually 5.600W continuous... Still very impressive...
                YMMV.

Comment

Tom is one of the premier sub designers in the world. Consider his specs as guaranteed minimum specs. Even his LAB sub design (which is free) is a monster of a sub. It just destroys most other subs attainable by mere mortals.

Comment

Anyone else notice that it weighs more than an old B3 Hammond? 1/4 of a ton. I don't want to move it.

Comment

I've been familiar with Studio R amps for 20+ years and can vote for their sheer power and great reliability in extreme conditions, but for some reason they never had the desire to go international. I've also heard of some European brands (don't recall the names now) that have some options around the 10KW mark.

The Danley sub handling is actually 5.600W continuous... Still very impressive...

powersoft is the company your thinking of.
                      -token canadian

Lest we forget: double-blind tests make audiophiles look twice as stupid. CRAIG V 2007

Just for fun, what do you think would happen if you decided to take a nap in the fast lane of a freeway? agedhorse -2008

Funny, I'll bet I have a good one sitting on my shelf. agedhorse -2008

Comment

powersoft is the company your thinking of.

Exactly, their DigamK20 will do 9000W per channel @ 2ohm and 18000W mono @ 4ohm...
                        YMMV.

Comment

Crest 10001 ... 10,000W into 1 ohm. Been around for years
                          Don Boomer

Comment

All of Danley's stuff is impressive, but Danly has created a far more impressive subwoofer design, called the "Matterhorn". It is not available for purchase as far as I know. It was more of a "Can we do this?" kind of challenge:

http://www.danleysoundlabs.com/matterhorn.htm

Comment

All of Danley's stuff is impressive, but Danly has created a far more impressive subwoofer design, called the "Matterhorn". It is not available for purchase as far as I know. It was more of a "Can we do this?" kind of challenge:

http://www.danleysoundlabs.com/matterhorn.htm

Down to 12hz and SPL of 105db @ 270 yards? Nah, that's common specs.
                              YMMV.

Comment

Working...
                              X