Dynamic Microphones

• Members

Check out the new EV PL80 mics. I bought two of them just to try, and both of my singers liked them so much they switched to them 100%. One was using a Beta58 (female) the other an older EV model (male). They sound great with both male and female vocals. I highly recommend them.

• Members

Vocal mic choice depend a lot on your voice. Personaly my favs are the EV BK1 (out of production) and a mic called the Groove Tube convertable (sounds sweet like the BK1 with I believe an even tighter pattern). Both are condensers that have wonderful extended top end without that edgy sizzle found in most HH condenser vocal mics (including some made by a very famous German company).

My .02

• Members

I have a blue bluebird microphone its a large condensor microphone can u use that or would it pick up to much sound im assuming

LDC's don't make good stage vocal mics. Do you have any clips of your voice? What is it that you dislike about the 58?

• Members

With a tenor bright voice (especially) I think the shure beta 87 is a good choice, but... it is a condensor mic.

To step up from the shure SM 58 to another dynamic, many people like the shure beta 57.

Still... when you are trying to step up from the SM58... you begin to be splitting hairs... it is a pretty good mic.

• Members

The EV n/d 767a is a supercardioid dynamic that has a vocal clarity unlike most other dynamic mic--it's not muddy. It will definately brigthen your mid to high range. But without a doubt the EV RE410 cardioid condenser brightens my voice (I'm a bari-tenor) the most and sounds better than everything else I've tried--SM58, Beta 58, Beta 87a, Audix, Sennheisers, EV N/D 967. However, you need a decent graphic equalizer to eq out the feedback because it's a fairly sensitive mic.

• Members

I've always been a fan of the Beta 58A if you want to continue in the same direction of the Shure sound. As mentioned before, vocal mic's are always a personal preference, so it won't work with everyone, I just know the 58A works wonders with mine.

Archived