Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamic Microphones

Hey guys,

I am currently using a shure sm58 microphone for vocals and an sm57 to mic my acoustic for live performances... I am satisfied with the sm57 but i am looking for a better vocal microphone.... Anyone have an suggestions??? money isnt really an issue

Audio Technica's ATM 710 is an outstanding vocal mic. Do a search for it and you'll find a review.
    Thanks,
    Bill Cronheim
    Enterainment Systems Corporation
    Back stage since 1973

Comment

Here's the thread.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2343672&highlight=atm710
      Thanks,
      Bill Cronheim
      Enterainment Systems Corporation
      Back stage since 1973

Comment

Sennheiser e835, e935
        Audio-Technica AE4100, AE3300 (probably your best bet), ATM410, ATM710

Comment

For what it's worth I really love my PR-35. Great sound. Never needs eq to sound good. Especially close vocal micing with the low frequency roll off switch engaged.

Comment

I have a blue bluebird microphone its a large condensor microphone can u use that or would it pick up to much sound im assuming

Comment

Check out the new EV PL80 mics. I bought two of them just to try, and both of my singers liked them so much they switched to them 100%. One was using a Beta58 (female) the other an older EV model (male). They sound great with both male and female vocals. I highly recommend them.
              Greg H.

Comment

Vocal mic choice depend a lot on your voice. Personaly my favs are the EV BK1 (out of production) and a mic called the Groove Tube convertable (sounds sweet like the BK1 with I believe an even tighter pattern). Both are condensers that have wonderful extended top end without that edgy sizzle found in most HH condenser vocal mics (including some made by a very famous German company).

My .02
                J.R. Previously jrble

See my Dog Of The Hair studio at: http://www.dogoth.com/studio/

Quote from someone: Flat response? Get out the jack and change the tire.
                If you think "power is knowledge", you have it backwards.

Comment

I have a blue bluebird microphone its a large condensor microphone can u use that or would it pick up to much sound im assuming

LDC's don't make good stage vocal mics. Do you have any clips of your voice? What is it that you dislike about the 58?

Comment

The 58 is to muddy... It just isnt that clear... my vocal range is a tenor but my voice is bright... i just find that the 58 doesnt sound that clear.

Comment

With a tenor bright voice (especially) I think the shure beta 87 is a good choice, but... it is a condensor mic.

To step up from the shure SM 58 to another dynamic, many people like the shure beta 57.

Still... when you are trying to step up from the SM58... you begin to be splitting hairs... it is a pretty good mic.
                      http://www.myspace.com/steverobertband
                      Fav. Quote: "Be the change you want to see in the world."

Comment

The EV n/d 767a is a supercardioid dynamic that has a vocal clarity unlike most other dynamic mic--it's not muddy. It will definately brigthen your mid to high range. But without a doubt the EV RE410 cardioid condenser brightens my voice (I'm a bari-tenor) the most and sounds better than everything else I've tried--SM58, Beta 58, Beta 87a, Audix, Sennheisers, EV N/D 967. However, you need a decent graphic equalizer to eq out the feedback because it's a fairly sensitive mic.

Comment

Are you using the mic in acoustic solo performance levels, or is this in a band situation. Makes a difference as to recommendations. Also have you checked the mic to make sure it's not a fake?

Comment

I've always been a fan of the Beta 58A if you want to continue in the same direction of the Shure sound. As mentioned before, vocal mic's are always a personal preference, so it won't work with everyone, I just know the 58A works wonders with mine.

Comment

Yep, A beta 58 is an excellent choice. It has a nice top end to it that really cuts through stage volume. Also, a beta 58 won't be prone to humidity concerns like condensers.

Comment

Working...
                              X