EAW SB250 opinions

• Members

Did some searching around and didnt find much. Who has used these? And i cant seem to find EAW's recomendation for a High/mid cab for use with the sb250.

Personally, I'm not a fan of 15" subs... dual or otherwise, although there are exceptions. The EAW SB250 seems to be EAW's offering for their market equalivant to the Meyer USW-1... but I dunno. I'm not impressed with the USW-1, dual 15" (as compared to the dual 18" loaded 650). And although I haven't worked with the SB250 subs, I have worked extensively with the Meyer USW-1 dual 15" subs, and I can't imagine I'd be more impressed with the EAW package of the same basic idea over Meyer.

Having said that: I'd imagine that most any EAW mid-high cab would be fine above the SB250's. I happen to run JF260 mid-highs over JF330 (single 18") subs and the combo is A-ok fine as far as I'm concerned.

• Members

What is your biggest dislikes with dual 15 subs ? I'm only familiar with two acts who use dual 15s. Both use 4 cabs and if I remember right crossed them over a lot higher then normal ( well normal to me i guess). 200hz or there about. One groups theory is that crossing over in that range keeps "Doppler distortion" in there mid/high cabs to a minimum which in turn keeps there vocals cleaner. I will say this group has the most consistent good sound Ive came across so far.

Have you used the Meyers that you mentioned as comparable models ?

• Members

What is your biggest dislikes with dual 15 subs ?

Have you used the Meyers that you mentioned as comparable models ?

15" just don't seem to produce the "fattness" that 18's do. I dunno... maybe I couldn't tell the difference with my eyes closed though.

And yes, I own and operate 4 ea. Meyer USW subs (dual 15's), and I own and operate 4 ea. Meyer 650R2 subs (dual 18's). I prefer the 650's, but will use the USW's without hesitation. Nobody I've worked with who's been around the two different sub sets I use have ever mentioned anything about the sound being different... so maybe most of the difference I perceive is in my head?

Archived