QSC Hpr Covers

• Members

A friend of mine has the QSC covers. They're nice, and the pocket for cables might be useful for some people, but the covers don't offer much real protection. They're made with one layer of a heavy-duty synthetic fabric, which will keep them from getting scuffed but not from being dented. Also, the covers are open on the bottom, which may be an issue if you intend to stack them on cases to move them, or if you ever drag them across a floor.

If you want better covers, take a look at Under Cover, or one of the other numerous custom cover makers. You can get heavy padded covers that will offer much batter protection than the QSC covers, and the cost can be very reasonable.

If you've got the truck space and don't mind the weight, EWI makes a case for 122's that you can get from Audiopile.

If you want the QSC covers, I'd say Full Compass is a great choice.

BTW, great choice on the speakers, I love mine. :thu:

• Members

I've got 122i's, and I bought the covers for them. All I need is just enought protection to keep them from getting scuffed.

I also like the pocket in the front.

As far as price, if you shop around, and use the price to get another lower price from another company....etc. You'll be able to pick the covers up for around $30 each.

• Members

One last update. I got the Hpr's today, and I just have to say... WOW.

Thanks for the recommendation guys.

:thu:

I'm glad I listened, and truthfully, this was not a "buy once, cry once" purchase.

I knew the quality of the speakers and I was ready to pay for them. I know they will serve me well and make me happy.

So once again, thanks.

• Members

I have 4 122's I use mostly as monitors. IMHO the QSC covers are a waste of money, They just don't protect well enough for travel purposes. The finish on the boxes mars quite easily, so the UnderCovers or Tuki's are worth the money. The QSC covers are only good for keeping the dust off.

• Members

I have 4 122's I use mostly as monitors. IMHO the QSC covers are a waste of money, They just don't protect well enough for travel purposes. The finish on the boxes mars quite easily, so the UnderCovers or Tuki's are worth the money. The QSC covers are only good for keeping the dust off.

Yeah I feel the same way about the RCF covers. They seem OK until you use them about a dozen times. Finally threw them away and bought some from Undercover. Much better protection and so much easier to deal with.

JP

Archived