• Members

Sorry it took so long to post.I've been extremely busy this week with a lot of stuff.The sound gig went off real well.I met my partner at about 7 A.M.,and we got to the venue about 8 A.M. The stage was already built so we started placing mains,monitors amps,etc... We had it all wired up,and were testing systems within an hour.The equipment was as follows.2-PV 2-15 tops(no {censored}),and 2-B-52 folded horn subs.4-1-15 monitor wedges(not sure the make).The amp rack had a series of Mackie amps.A 2400 on subs,1400 on the mains,and an 800 for the monitors(2 mixes).Half way through the third act we lost the mains.I noticed the 1400 Mackie was in protect mode.We shut it off,and brought it back up,and it was good for about 15 minutes,when it did it again.my partner decided to put space in between the amps,and the mackie 1400 was hot enough to fry an egg on.We had a PV 1500 spare,hooked up the mains to it,and that was the extent of "problems" we had. The board was a Mackie 16/4 VLZ,I believe,and the sound was really good.No {censored}!!! We were complimented on the sound over,and over again,and I couldn't believe it.,But,in all honesty it really did sound good.There was a commercial building about 1000 to 1200 feet in front of the stage,(behind us) with a 20 x 12 overhead door on the front.This posed a "slap-back " situation that we had to work around.If we got over a certain volume,the bounce was horrid,so we had to keep it to a point where the slap-back was lower than the P.A. I believe that is why we got the compliments.Thse PV 2-15 mains do well at lower volumes and we had to kinda keep it down due to that slap back effect off the face of that building.Got home around 1:30 AM. Everyone was content,and I was worn out,but I thought it was a great first sound gig,all in all.,and there you go.BTW I had a sub gig on bass this weekend with a band,and there Mackie 1400 series monitor amp did the same {censored}.I believe that what I learned this week is never to pay good money for Mackie amps!!!:thu:;):lol:

• Members

fix your wall of text and then maybe I'll try and read it.

Not half as bad as some I've seen.

What I'm confused about is some of the comments are somewhat difficult to understand.

e.g.:

,and the sound was really good.No {censored}!!!

Could be read as: "of course the sound is good", or "incredible, we actually made the equipment sound good". It's not clear at all.

• Members

Could be a bad fan control circuit or fan sensor or even the fan. The chassis shouldn't be that hot, there should be enough aiir flow to keep the sheet metal relatively cool.

The bottom of that amp was so hot it burned my skin! I put a glove on and told my buddy to hook up the spare,and forget about it.

• Members
Not half as bad as some I've seen.

What I'm confused about is some of the comments are somewhat difficult to understand.

e.g.:

Could be read as: "of course the sound is good", or "incredible, we actually made the equipment sound good". It's not clear at all.

I was just really surprized that those cabinets were able to sound good at all.

,and the sound was really good.No {censored}!!!

Archived