Black extension cords

• Members
  • Members

Andy, I agree. Powercons are great, but I'm a weekend warrior that needs to route three or four circuits of 20/15 amp power around my stage. It will mostly be presented to me as a three seperate edisons on my distro or as seperate circuits near/on the stage. I have a few fifty foot, heavy duty extension cords for longer runs, but my stage extension cords are in bad shape and, now, in short supply. So, I'm in the position of either making or procuring a new "batch" of them. I'm just trying to make a educated choice regarding how to proceed. I'd like cords that are tough, black, and coil nicely....and of course I'd like all that at the best price point possible.

• Members

lowes in my area has extremely piss poor selection of inlets/outlets and cable ends. fortunately there are a couple electrical wholesalers with city desks here that have anything you could dream of for reasonable price.

look for those in your town.

• Members

Anything you find at Lowes, Home Depot, etc, is going to be either poor quality, high priced, or both. You can find decent stuff, but it's usually much more expensive than it should be.

They tend to stock halfway decent Pass & Seymour connectors, but my preference has always been Hubbell and you won't find those in typical hardware stores.

Find a good electrical wholesaler in your area, or order online, it's really the only way to get what you want.

• CMS Author

Anything you find at Lowes, Home Depot, etc, is going to be either poor quality, high priced, or both. You can find decent stuff, but it's usually much more expensive than it should be.

They tend to stock halfway decent Pass & Seymour connectors, but my preference has always been Hubbell and you won't find those in typical hardware stores.

Find a good electrical wholesaler in your area, or order online, it's really the only way to get what you want.

HD near me stock Hubbell ends and Carol cord.

Archived