TC M-One XL with Behringer FB1010 Midi Controller

• Members

I'm about undertake the task of getting the FB1010 controller working with my M-One XL and it seems like it's going to be a task. All I need to do is be able to recall 6 USER presets with the buttons then map the rocker pedals to various FX within each of the presets. For those that use the M-One, am I going to be able to pull this off with this hardware? The manual for the M-One is pretty light with MIDI info.

• Members

Yeah I've heard that the 1010 is a real bugger to program - and that's from experienced MIDI guys. If you have an occasional free hand you might also consider an M-Audio Trigger Finger, which also can send program changes from the pads and is a breeze to set up. I don't believe there are any bank select messages on this box though, but from your description you won't need any.

My own external control box is a Forat Patch Commander Plus but it's been out of production for at least 10 years. It is so easy to use - no one is ever going to pry it out of my hands!

• Members

Dump the 1010 and pick up a Roland FC300. You will be very happy you did. After paying attention to what people are going through trying to program the 1010 I picked up an FC300 and thought I would need to spend time getting it to work and lo and behold, it worked right out of the box in standard mode. I like the fact that it can run on batteries, too. No more power cords to run upstage. I use it to control lights.

Archived