crown xti6000

• Members

I'm using the 4000 running 1200 Watts with gain set at 2oclock on the amp

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::deadhorse::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

That little gain knob on the front of your amp DOES NOT control or limit the output capacity of the amp!! Only a limiter can do that.

• Members

im using the xti 4,000 right now and i love the 4,000 i wanna get the 6,000 for more power
:)

:facepalm:

Alright, sure. If you really want to destroy your speakers, Agedhorse will happily recone them for a nominal fee!

Note: More power doesn't mean more volume. Try not to power your speakers above their program rating... you're just asking for trouble! I would say the 4000 is a good match for the 525's, but you're getting crazy with the XTi6000. Keep the amp, though, and invest in a pair of MRX528S's. The XTi6000 will power a pair of those nicely.

• Members
im using the xti 4,000 right now and i love the 4,000 i wanna get the 6,000 for more power
:)

My understanding is that the 6000 draws less power than the 4000 as it is class-d (or whatever Crown calls their version). The other XTI amps are multirail class ab (G? H? EIEIO? ;)). Class-d is almost 2x as efficient as multirail ab.

• Members

My understanding is that the 6000 draws less power than the 4000 as it is class-d (or whatever Crown calls their version). The other XTI amps are multirail class ab (G? H? EIEIO?
;)
). Class-d is almost 2x as efficient as multirail ab.

Class D "can" be as much as maybe 1.75x as efficient but generally it's only about 1.25-1.5x as efficient as a 2 tier class G/H and 3 tier makes the gap even smaller.

• Members

Just got a Crown XTi 4000 about three weeks ago. Very nice amp. Running it in bridge mode powering a pair of Cerwin Vega Earthquake subs. It took the place of two Behringer 2500 watt amps. Sounds great and the amp rack is a good bit lighter.

Life's short. Live it to the Max!

• Members

2000w into a 500w sub - I'd say so
:eek:

Yeah and I wouldn't even rate it as a 500 watt sub either. Maybe 400 watts... run a power compression test and it pretty much {censored}s bricks sideways at 500 watts.

More power is always a solution to those who don't get it, just like turning up the volume on a {censored}ty band is going to make them sound better. Well, it does drive the last remaining fans from the room, so at least somebody benefits form a good excuse. ;)

Archived