MixWiz Stero Effects Channel ?'s

• Members

Hello, I'm reading my A&H 16:2 User Guide. I cannot for the life of me understand how the built-in effects channels works. Will turning up Aux5 automatically send my chosen effect to the L&R mix? And why is the AUX1-4 there twice in that channel slot? This is the area of the mixer now that i'm just starting to get interested in. Like for example, what is"vocal plate" or "perc plate"? What is a popular or common effects setting?

• Members

Up at the top of the board just above the effects you will see a small box with three pots inside of it. Just below these pots is a small green LED light next to a button, press the button and make sure the green LED lights up. Back to the three pots, the top pot says L&R, turn this pot to U or 0. This is to route the effects to the L&R outs. The other 2 pots are to route the effects to AUX 1 and 2.

From this point you will either use AUX 5 or 5/6. Dont forget to turn the AUX master pots to U or 0.

• Members

The last post confused me, I have a 16:2 version 3, and there are four pots above the internal effects section (not 3). It is my understanding these receive the effects signal summed from the Aux 5 master, and route it back through these four pots to Auxes 1-4, to add effects to the monitors mixed through Aux1-4. So if you have singers 1 and 2 with separate monitor mixes mixed through aux 1 and aux 2, and one of them likes effects in the monitors and one does not, you can add effects to 1 and not to 2, through those top four pots above the effects section. If you don't use the internal effects and want to use external effects, you take the output from Aux 5 or 6, and return to the board from the output of the external unit to the ST1/5 return inpute, so that ST1/5 pot sends the external effect signal (fed by whatever channel you turn up in Aux5 or 6 channels going out to that unit that you turn up) to the L/R/M outputs. Check out p. 19 of 34 at the top in the MixWiz manual.

However, I also seem to recall that those Aux 1-4 monitor pots are fed only by aux 5, not 6, but I'm not sure about that.

I'm just a weekend warrior, but I think that's how it works.

rickrock

• Members

Yes, you more or less have it.

Aux 5 feeds signal to effects engine 1. Aux 6 feeds signal to effects engine 2. (Assuming you have the effects set to dual mode, which is how most will use it.)

The Aux 1-4 knobs above the effects section are used to feed the effects engines' outputs (added together) to auxes 1-4.

The Aux 1-6 knobs below the effects section are the aux master volume controls.

The ST5/FX knob feeds the effects engines' outputs (added together together) to the L/R bus. The ST6/FX knob feeds the Stereo Return jacks to the L/R buss.

Archived