Simple cable question.

• Members

Merry christmas guys. I gotta quick question for you.

I just received a BBE 362, your standard sonic maximizer for christmas to put in my rack. I was just wondering whether it'd be safer to use an instrument cable or a speaker cable to hook it up to my head. Thanks for any help!

• Members

I just received a BBE 362, your standard sonic maximizer for christmas to put in my rack. I was just wondering whether it'd be safer to use an instrument cable or a speaker cable to hook it up to my head. Thanks for any help!

I like to use a lead chain on these with a nylon cable from there. I don't think tying it in to your head is a good idea, deck cleats are usually stronger? A good cable for it:

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/producte/10001/-1/10001/8764?&cid=chanintel&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=8764

• Members

Just on the off chance that you're not a regular here who has signed on with an alter id to troll us:

Never include the phrase "Sonic Maximizer" in your first post here. We generally use them to prop doors open, as tire chocks, to fill holes in our racks etc - you get the idea :lol:?

Never use speaker cable to connect to anything but between a "speaker out" and a passive speaker (plus anything in between) :facepalm:.

What head are you using? American Standard, Kohler, or some POS cheapie ;)?

What instrument, electric bagpipes perhaps? In that case you'd perhaps have better luck asking on the electric bagpipes forum rather than the live sound forum ;)?

• Members

Here's a suggestion, nothing bad intended by it ok...

Why don't you return it for credit and buy something more useful to you in the long run. even buying a couple of good lessons or a technique tune-up would probably be money better spent.

Then, if you really want to try one, buy a used one for pennies on the dollar. I'm sure there's somebody here who would sell you one real cheap.

• Members

Just to back up a little, the BBE is not a well regarded piece at all, mostly usefull for a door jam etc. Since it is an instrument level unit use shielded guitar cable, same as the guitar uses. And conversely only use speaker cable for the amp to cab connection because it can cause the amp to blow up (can, not always).

Archived