New Monitors

• Members

I was looking at those this summer.By hesitateing to pull the trigger when I expected to,I was open for a deal I ended up getting on Yamaha Club 15" V series monitor wedges.I ended up with 4 of them for less than $500.00! All in real good to excellent shape!If I were going to buy those,I would try one,and see how it sounds,and performs.If you are happy with them go ahead,and get more,but check them out first.Just an opinion.

• Members

I was looking at those this summer.By hesitateing to pull the trigger when I expected to,I was open for a deal I ended up getting on Yamaha Club 15" V series monitor wedges.I ended up with 4 of them for less than $500.00! All in real good to excellent shape!If I were going to buy those,I would try one,and see how it sounds,and performs.If you are happy with them go ahead,and get more,but check them out first.Just an opinion.

Excellent deal!

• Members

I'm in the darkages over here still.Theres not alot of options as far as being able to try things out,and our craigs list is real small so you don't see muck on there.

Salt lake is a few hours away,so I could shop there,but I'd rather buy something new from a dealer.

Aged,budget wasn't the whole idea behind those. I could spend more, this is just for me as I'm the singer/guitar/sound/lighting guy and I've been using berhinger b212a for a couple of years now without any probelms,but I get tired of fighting them to keep them where I want them.

So i was looking at overall consruction and the way it sits on the floor.

All options are welcome.

• Members

I've been using the BR-12M Yammys. They're pretty solid, work great and are easy on the wallet. just my 2 cents...

Noooooo, nothing at all like the Club series. IME, they are a waste of money for anybody looking for quality and a long term good investment.

• Members

I'd go with Yamaha or Peavey before I went with some no-name brand.

Here's a B52 15" monitor for $199:

Except the drivers are hardly no-namers. And the cabs are plywood, as opposed to MDF/particle board, which most budget boxes are. And I would seriously avoid 15" monitor cabs.

• Members
Why? Weight?

weight, size onstage and transporting. Plus, unless you are putting massive amounts of lowend thru your vocal wedge, for whatever reason, unnecessary. And generally speaking, a smaller coned woofer does better in the midrange area, which is important with budget speakers where the smaller high frequency device uses a higher crossover.

• Members

weight, size onstage and transporting. Plus, unless you are putting massive amounts of lowend thru your vocal wedge, for whatever reason, unnecessary. And generally speaking, a smaller coned woofer does better in the midrange area, which is important with budget speakers where the smaller high frequency device uses a higher crossover.

This I agree with.

Got some Peaveys that I use in my practice area and they work pretty good,but they are heavy.

Never been a fan of the JRX. every time I've heard them they seem to be lacking,compared to the Peaveys.

I'm a 12" guy too,don't want alot of extra rumble on a small stage.

We don't play alot of larger stages so the 15 is overkill.

We DO put vocals ,guitars and some midi triggered drum sequences through the monitors.

Myself and the bass player use floor monitors,the drummer and other guitar player use IEM's.

This will be for just myself as the bass player doesn't sing alot and prefers to have a pretty quiet monitor mix for himself.

I liked the loud speakers plus model for the weight and component listing,but thers no listing for the x-over that I found,thats why I asked if anybody had any experience with them.

But thank you for all the input so far:thu: keep em coming!

• Members

I think the Club Series 12 monitor wedge would be a better wedge,but bear in mind...The only reason I don't have at least one of the wedges you are looking at is because we pulled the plug on the project that I planned on useing them in,so getting wedges took a back seat for a long time.That is how I ended up with something else.

• Members

I find none of those factors much of an issue when using 15" wedges +you can keep a drummer happy(w/some kick) and accommodate a bass player going direct w/o worry.

• Members

Noooooo, nothing at all like the Club series. IME, they are a waste of money for anybody looking for quality and a long term good investment.

I agree they are not as good as the clubs. I have rented a set of club 12s for bigger shows when I needed more monitors, and yes they are def better.

I'm also a believer in buying the best gear you can afford. As I know you have always recommend and believe is great advice. For $100 cheaper than a club 12 it was the best I could do at the time. They've worked great for me for the last 3 years and they are holding up well. Saying they are "a waste of money" is a little harsh in my case.

• Members

I find none of those factors much of an issue when using 15" wedges +you can keep a drummer happy(w/some kick) and accommodate a bass player going direct w/o worry.

You might not, but to me, for instance, I carried 16 wedges and size/weight was very important. If something smaller & lighter had the performance I needed, even if it cost more, generally that's the way I went.

• Members

bigjd, If you can't find anything locally you might call Music Villa in Bozeman. I'm not sure what they have in stock now. They might even have some used gear so it may be worth the drive. You will wet yourself when you look at their guitar selection.:)

Archived