Resale Value of JBL Eon Series speakers

• Members

Hey everyone, I don't come here often but that's probably because I'm afraid Andy will chastise me for being so cheap (Well, thrifty) with my SR purchases -- LOL ;)

Anyway, my wifey allowed me to purchase the new PRX series (two 512m + one 718s)......but ONLY on condition that I sell the Eon G2's.

I'm happy to report that, as of yesterday -- I was able to sell my Eon 15 G2's thru Bonanzle Auctions (no listing fees, no % when buyer pays cash).

Buyer paid $950 cash for the two (2) eon 15 G2s with two (2) matching bags.

The speakers were 4.5 years old (Purchased in 2005) and had been used for over 200 events, but thanks to the covers, not a scratch or dent on them.

My original purchase price was $1,258 (in 2005) including the Eon Bags, shipping & taxes.

My sales price (in 2010) was $950.

Meaning, JBL Eon series has a 75% resale value.

Note that the buyer was willing to pay $1000 -- but I took $50 off because I'm such a nice guy. :) :) :)

• Members

NO comparison sound wise at all. If you are happy with the EONs (I like them, too - for what they are) you will be thrilled with the PRXs.

Good job on the resale. I sold a pair of 15G2s last year for $800 with bags. My EONs took a lot of abuse and never gave me any problems at all.

Archived