dbx warranty repair

• Members

I've got a 6 month old dbx 231 that was flaking out days after getting it home. Sent it back for warranty repair, and just recently unboxed it and confirmed that the unit is doing the exact same thing (channel 2 cuts out with no warning at some point).

Anyways, the problem isn't what this is about. Just wanted to mention that the support I'm getting from Harman is "very good".

IMO, there's nothing worse than poor customer service, and I'm always keen on providing kudos to companies that do well in this regard.

• Members

Are you positive that the problem is actually in the eq?

Try reversing the cabling at the eq between channel 1 and 2 and see ifthe problem follows the switch or not. If it does not follow the switch, the problem is not with the eq unit.

I haven't seen a problem and have installed at least 30 of these units. I would really be suspicous after it comes back with the same problem.

• Members

Are you positive that the problem is actually in the eq?

Try reversing the cabling at the eq between channel 1 and 2 and see ifthe problem follows the switch or not. If it does not follow the switch, the problem is not with the eq unit.

I haven't seen a problem and have installed at least 30 of these units. I would really be suspicous after it comes back with the same problem.

I agree with your line of thinking - I struggled diagnosing this initially - I had the EQ in-line for FOH, and it was a b*tch to isolate the problem since the unit does fine when powered up initially. After a few hours, it became apparent that an input/output path that was working in channel 1, wasn't working in channel 2

The testing I just did (after the unit was returned) was in the home studio: Different mixer, cables, amp/speakers - 100% different signal path, and the EQ came up fine, and when I went back after an hour, channel 2 had quit working.

At this point, I'm about 98% confident in my troubleshooting (It's what I do for a living), but I also realize that I'm human. It would REALLY bother me to know that I've overlooked something...

Tell you what, if it comes back again doing the same thing, I'm sending it to you (as a gift)!:lol:

Archived